Green Tea, Normal Tea and Coffee

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I am not sure if you guys have had this conversation before regarding different drinking habits.

I have been drinking Green Tea from last 2 years and I feel good about it.

I have read that Green Tea and black Tea have lots of anti-oxidants in them.

Why we need Anti-Oxidants?
Antioxidants are compounds in foods that neutralise chemicals called free radicals (unstable molecules), produced by oxidation in the human body. These chemicals have been linked to diseases such as heart and liver disease and cancer. Plant foods such as fruits, vegetables, nuts and wholegrains are rich sources of antioxidants.

If you are under Stress, working out in the gym etc then your body releases these free radicals causing various problems to the body. The most common problem with the body builders is the MPB (Male Pattern Baldness). Although it is hereditary but working out in the gym can fasten this process of baldness.
Reason behind this is the Free radical in the body called 5-α-reductase. This radical is responsible for converting Testosterone to DihydroTestosterone (DHT). This DHT is more potent and body builders love it because it increases the muscle mass. However DHT is responsible for Hairloss, hair thinning and Prostate. Surprisingly, Green Tea absorbs the 5-α-reductase which then slows down the process of hairloss

There are lots of products in the market if you like certain type of Tea.

I don't like much of a caffeine so I had bought the Tetley Green Tea - DECAF and to make sure I am not loosing on the anti oxidants I emailed Tetley to Find out.

Response from Tetley Rep in an image attached

I hope you guys find this helpful and add information if any

Please feel free to move it to appropriate section thanks

Attachments

Hi All,

I am not sure if you guys have had this conversation before regarding different drinking habits.

I have been drinking Green Tea from last 2 years and I feel good about it.

I have read that Green Tea and black Tea have lots of anti-oxidants in them.

Why we need Anti-Oxidants?
Antioxidants are compounds in foods that neutralise chemicals called free radicals (unstable molecules), produced by oxidation in the human body. These chemicals have been linked to diseases such as heart and liver disease and cancer. Plant foods such as fruits, vegetables, nuts and wholegrains are rich sources of antioxidants.

If you are under Stress, working out in the gym etc then your body releases these free radicals causing various problems to the body. The most common problem with the body builders is the MPB (Male Pattern Baldness). Although it is hereditary but working out in the gym can fasten this process of baldness.
Reason behind this is the Free radical in the body called 5-α-reductase. This radical is responsible for converting Testosterone to DihydroTestosterone (DHT). This DHT is more potent and body builders love it because it increases the muscle mass. However DHT is responsible for Hairloss, hair thinning and Prostate. Surprisingly, Green Tea absorbs the 5-α-reductase which then slows down the process of hairloss

There are lots of products in the market if you like certain type of Tea.

I don't like much of a caffeine so I had bought the Tetley Green Tea - DECAF and to make sure I am not loosing on the anti oxidants I emailed Tetley to Find out.

Response from Tetley Rep in an image attached

I hope you guys find this helpful and add information if any

Please feel free to move it to appropriate section thanks
Yeah .. :agree: Anti-oxidants in Green tea also helps to detoxify our body and release harmful chemicals from our body.

I am also having green tea since couple of months. Initially it was a tough task for me as I was used to have normal tea with milk & sugar and green tea's taste was exactly opposite of it.

But eventually I made it habit of replacing normal tea with green tea by taking sip by sip with some intervals. [:D]

I couldn't felt any significant change in my body immediately but I think over the period of time if I continue having it, I may feel the difference. [glasses]

Looks to be a different topic from our normal automotive subjects [thinking] .

Normally, a fresh cup of tea or coffee will brighten our day well and we need to limit to not more than 2 cups per day, though it is claimed about anti cancer properties of these beverages.

Also to make a good tea, put tea powder in boiling water, boil for two minutes, stain the water out and then again add fresh water to stained tea powder and boil it again to make the tea. The reason why we need to discard the water in the first time is that it will contain some dissolved chemicals like Nicotiene etc which is not good for health and will be removed by this water.

Thread Starter #4
Looks to be a different topic from our normal automotive subjects [thinking] .

Normally, a fresh cup of tea or coffee will brighten our day well and we need to limit to not more than 2 cups per day, though it is claimed about anti cancer properties of these beverages.

Also to make a good tea, put tea powder in boiling water, boil for two minutes, stain the water out and then again add fresh water to stained tea powder and boil it again to make the tea. The reason why we need to discard the water in the first time is that it will contain some dissolved chemicals like Nicotiene etc which is not good for health and will be removed by this water.
Thanks mate
good information
is it pretaining to black tea or green tea ?

The green tea packs have written on them that you only need to infuse the tea in water for 3 minutes and after that discard the tea bag. And with the amount of flavnoids means the antioxidants, amounts (mg) depends on the water. Normally a releases 60-70 mg of flavnoids in 250 ml of water compared to 20-30 mg in 100 ml of water.
I think its more to do with the concentration of the flavnoids.

Thanks mate
good information
is it pretaining to black tea or green tea ?

The green tea packs have written on them that you only need to infuse the tea in water for 3 minutes and after that discard the tea bag. And with the amount of flavnoids means the antioxidants, amounts (mg) depends on the water. Normally a releases 60-70 mg of flavnoids in 250 ml of water compared to 20-30 mg in 100 ml of water.
I think its more to do with the concentration of the flavnoids.
What I had given earlier is for non green teas. I do not know much about green teas.

When at home/office I am alone to drink tea/coffee will go for black tea or black coffee. Infact right now I am sipping black tea. I just keep a dozen of tea bags in a container and use it in office.
I like it because I am not big fan of sweet and milk. It also helps in digestion.

Greentea I take it occasionally.Though I do not like it's taste but it works like ENO :)

Thread Starter #7
Black tea and Green Tea have similar amounts of anti oxidants
green tea mainly have catechins

its good to sipon these teas with no sugar and no milk.

coffee too have some antioxidants but then it finally comes down to the quality and origin of the coffee beans

When at home/office I am alone to drink tea/coffee will go for black tea or black coffee. Infact right now I am sipping black tea. I just keep a dozen of tea bags in a container and use it in office.
I like it because I am not big fan of sweet and milk. It also helps in digestion.

Greentea I take it occasionally.Though I do not like it's taste but it works like ENO :)
Bingo.
Same here stopped drinking tea and coffee with milk and sugar 10 years back.
I'm more of a coffee drinker, I take somewhere 4-5 cups a day.

Good offbeat yet interesting topic codenamed47.

Top Bottom