Credit / Debit Card Machines at Fuel Pumps. A Must?

Thread Starter #1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Credit_card_terminal‎
Wireless Credit Card Machine | eBay

Do you feel Wired / Wireless Credit / Debit Card Machine should always be available at all fuel filling stations for the customer as a choice of payment other than cash to fill fuel in their vehicles ?.

The availability of these facility may be available in fuel stations located in Urban metropolitan cities rather than rural areas in all countries ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Re: Wired/Wireless Credit/Debit Card Machine At Fuel Filling Stations.

I don't feel that to be an must have.In my 14 years of owning cars,I have swiped 4 times for fuel.I usually fill up for around 6000 ₹ monthly and visit the fuel station every week.I do keep at least 5000 ₹ in my wallet.Is it that difficult to carry money?in my town there are 4 fuel stations and 18 ATM's in a radius of 3 kms.

there are benefits to be availed in terms of cashback when you swipe you debit /credit card.

If possible, it is always better to swipe a card for fuel.

also when doing a tank full , the employees then will not pester to round up the fuel value which often might lead to spillage.

Yes, the wireless machine very good as the person will swipe in front of you and no chance of fraud. These days I never carry much cash in wallet when most of the things can be done with cards, so this is very convenient for me

I have always paid with card for fuel. Benefits are no need to carry so much cash. Plus I get around INR 45 cash back on every tank full, when I use my credit card. Plus reward points as well. [clap]

Wired or Wireless POS , I always pay by credit card for fuel. Doing this for last 10 years at least. I can earn points/cashback .

I have see quite a few wireless POS machines in Bangalore Fuel Pumps.

You guys have serviced fuel stations so Wireless does make sense, but in most of the western countries its self serve. you have to go inside to pay for the fuel .Also some fuel pumps have the POS built on them.

Top Bottom