How Safe it is To Publicly Post Photos?

Thread Starter #1
Guys,

This is just a simple question came in my mind as I am newbie in TAI. Please pardon me for my stupid query.

I can see that anyone can just right click and save a snap from our website here ( I had tried this for a snap which I had uploaded and it was successful)

Is there any measures taken care for hackers so that our snaps can't be misused ?

MODS: I am sorry if I am posting my query in wrong section and I don't have any intention to challenge our websites authenticity.

Re: How safe it is to post photos

Guys,

This is just a simple question came in my mind as I am newbie in TAI. Please pardon me for my stupid query.

I can see that anyone can just right click and save a snap from our website here ( I had tried this for a snap which I had uploaded and it was successful)

Is there any measures taken care for hackers so that our snaps can't be misused ?

MODS: I am sorry if I am posting my query in wrong section and I don't have any intention to challenge our websites authenticity.
I think it is as safe or unsafe as Facebook , instagram ,flicker and the whole of web . its the members choice at the end of the day what kind of pics he needs to upload here .

Thread Starter #3

I think it is as safe or unsafe as Facebook , instagram ,flicker and the whole of web . its the members choice at the end of the day what kind of pics he needs to upload here .
Okie... Got the much expected answer.. So now on I'll be as careful as I am for posting snaps for Facebook, Instagram, Flicker, Whatsapp, Orkut, Twitter and so on [angel]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Okie... Got the much expected answer.. So now on I'll be as careful as I am for posting snaps for Facebook, Instagram, Flicker, Whatsapp, Orkut, Twitter and so on [angel]
Even if the images are protected by the website there are sevral ways to save photos. I have tried this in Mozilla and was able to save photos.

Guys,

I can see that anyone can just right click and save a snap from our website here.

1. Right Click is enabled in this TAI-ger. Some FORUMS disable right click so that the picture can not be saved. But, this is having some limitations. One can capture screens and save to pictures. Download can be protected upto certain extend in this case.

2. Read the photo upload guidelines of TAI-ger. The photos are tagged with copyright policy. Never post personnel pictures. Vehicle license number can be masked to protect upto certain stage.

Finally, if you want full protection of misuse, better not to post in such places.

For the download part, yes, the pictures can be saved, however, you could blank out the reg. no. of your vehicle before uploading the pics on forum.

This way you can maintain privacy

You can save photos from any website. Its just the matter of using right tools. For example if the right click option doesn't work on the website for saving photos, take a screen shot and crop it .

I don't see any issues with posting photos but the only thing that comes to my mind.." where are you posting your photos?"

Any misuse that may occur could be because of your internal affairs with people. But yeah if you are really concerned about it, you should keep measures to protect your privacy :)
People can stalk you and it happened with me in the past where someone sent me a message and came out to be someone I didn't wana talk to.

Firstly TAI is mostly frequented by car enthusiasts. They would generally be interested in cars and not in playing mischif with snaps. Unless you have done some illegal mods, what is the problem.

Thread Starter #9
:offtopic: .. I am not able to see my thread in new posts tab even after 15-20 mins of submitting a post, but if I log out (Engine off) and click on Today's post then I can see my thread alive with current update info. I am wondering why I can't see the same result while I am logged on (Engine on).. [confused]

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
:offtopic: .. I am not able to see my thread in new posts tab even after 15-20 mins of submitting a post, but if I log out (Engine off) and click on Today's post then I can see my thread alive with current update info. I am wondering why I can't see the same result while I am logged on (Engine on).. [confused]
The thread which you post is considered as read by the system and read threads do not show up in the ‘New Posts’ for that particular member. You can see them by visiting ‘Today’s Post’ under Quick links menu.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom