Doesn't PayPal Accepts Indian Debit Cards?

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
I've been trying to verify the PayPal account a lot of times but had no luck, In-fact rather lost a few $$. [angry] It seems that PayPal doesn't accepts Indian Debit Cards (?). Anyone here with similar experience and solutions?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4

350Z

Core Team
After some googling, I think I've found a way. The PayPal can be verified through our local Indian Bank Account (Without Any Card) which will lift off all your sending and receiving limits but to transfer credit from your bank account to PayPal, You'll need a Credit Card. However, The question is, Can HDFC Bank's NetSafe Virtual Credit card do the job to verify account? I'm worried because it expires within 24 hours. Perhaps some existing "Verified" PayPal account holders can guide better?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hey, paypal does accept the Indian debit and credit card. Dont waste the amount by clicking the verify the account. Just wait for the statement of your card and then enter the code which is mentioned in your statement and then your account address will be verified and the amount earlier debited will be credit back to your account.

I pay through the pay pal and I have account there. If you have any further questions I will assist you.

Thread Starter #6

350Z

Core Team
Anuprav, For me it really didn't worked. I waited not one but complete two months in hope to find something in statement but alas! There was nothing, rather they charged around 2-3 dollars which have been never returned back yet. May I know which bank's debit card you used to verify account and it was of what type (Maestro, Visa etc)? Anyways, I'm not going to try the luck once again, I'll now try this method: [Indian Users] Verify PayPal Account Without Credit Card !

However, What the main question now arises is, How to transfer credit from back account to paypal, That will need a credit card, So wondering if a HDFC virtual credit card can work?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Pal Pal charges for verification of shipping address which is clearly mentioned that once you enter the code which is in the card statement it will be credited back into your card account.

First you simple register and create the account. When you will make any payment then enter your credit card or debit card and simply the payment will be accepted.

on the panel you will see the following information when you log into your account:

Business Name: XYZ Account Type: personel/Business Status: Unverified Get verified

when you will click on get verified then the amount will be charged for verification and later on refunded.

I think this verification is not of much use.

There are three types of account which you can create on pay pal.

They only accept master card, visa and american express.

The fees for verification is US$ 1.95 which is refundable.

I use there ICICI card which is Visa card. I am a verified user there and lots of transaction I do.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8

350Z

Core Team
Thanks! I'll try the other Bank method to verify account this time.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom