Things You Are Very Happy You Bought!

Thread Starter #1
This is the exact opposite of the other thread "Things you Regret buying", so please list/share big & small stuff that you may have bought in the past that you are very happy with till now. I will share a few very soon!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Let me add my first item.

SEIKO Water resistant wrist watch I bought for about 250 US$ in the year 1998, works today like it worked the day I bought it & I never had to ever to take it to any repair shop except for very minor maintenance like strap pin etc. I will really find it difficult to ever let go of this watch. And definitely happy I decided to buy this at that time!

Last edited:
There are many ,but I would list 2 here MacBook air and ipad . They work exactly the way they worked out of the box on the very first day i bought that is flawless . Complete satisfaction on all fronts .

Thread Starter #6
I would love to see some recent good mobile phone models with details on other peoples' "happy" list, because I am planning to change my current phone soon.[:)]

Thread Starter #9
Carrier split AC bought in 2005,till now not a single problem
@Storme911
I was looking for a good split AC this coming summer, this definitely helps.

Here below is another gadget which I found very useful. Wireless stereo headphones which hook on to any audio output including DTH equipment like tatasky box so you can quietly watch/listen to shows/news/music etc without disturbing others around you at any time of the day. Its just too useful to me & the cost is reasonable too.
While I was ordering I was unsure how suitable it will be but using it for three years now with my LCD/DTH combo now! Also has built in FM so one can also take it for a jog!

Intex Wireless Roaming Headphone - Intex: Flipkart.com

Note: if your TV is not HDMI then you may need two RCA splitter Jacks shown below to split the audio from DTH to TV & wireless transmitter. Cost Rs 20 each.
http://images.monoprice.com/productmediumimages/71861.jpg

Last edited:
Apple I-PAD:Used and abused by my kid since 2 years and no worry ,no issue

Sony Cybershot camera (5 MP): Brought on 2005: man till now no issue and gives crystal clear picture.Not finding any reason to change but yes now up gradation is required.

Ritz LDI 2011 - An excellent companion since past 2-1/2 years, never let me down anywhere
Lumia 620 Mar'2013 - Soon finishes one year with it, excellent in every aspect
LG 32 LS 5700 LED - Bought a year back and excellent TV without any troubles
LG Semi Automatic washing machine 2003 - 10 years of excellent service without any troubles
Allwyn Durocool Refrigerator 2000 - 14 years of trouble free operation and happiness, super silent

Thread Starter #13
Lumia 620 Mar'2013 - Soon finishes one year with it, excellent in every aspect
Might buy one of the Nokia Lumia phones - Somehow I am not impressed with Android phones so much[evil] - How is the "Here" GPS based navigation app on these Lumia phones - any feedback? Do you use "Here" a lot?

Last edited:
Might buy one of the Nokia Lumia phones - Somehow I am not impressed with Android phones so much[evil] - How is the "Here" GPS based navigation app on these Lumia phones - any feedback? Do you use "Here" a lot?
I am using the 'Here Drive' from last couple of months on my Lumia 720 and my feedback would be that it is inaccurate at times. Google maps is far more accurate.
This is my personal experience. That too within the city. Not sure how reliable it will be if we travel away from urban areas.

Nice post.. and some interesting items listed ! Wanted to respond at an abstract level & then provide few examples in terms of my car buying decisions.

When it comes to people at cross roads for buying car, there are 2 ways one can go about. First option is to start with a clear set of expectations and start the hunt for finding a car which will best serve the needs. Second option to hunt for "best car" within your budget with complete list of features / luxuries.

I always take the first route it all my car decisions so far while buying:
(1) Indica DLS in 2004 - Small car which is cheaper to run & maintain
(2) Verna CRDi in 2008 - A reliable sedan which is also cheaper to run & maintain
(3) Ertiga in 2013 - A Sedan / SUV which is bigger than existing car. Also cheaper to run / maintain

Needless to say, I have never regretted my decision since the cars serve(d) the expectations perfectly. In fact I feel very happy every time I refill diesel or visit service station. I might not be driving the best car or enjoying world of luxuries and features. But no regrets at all !!

Top Bottom