Shall We Plan For a Plant Tour?

Thread Starter #1
Pals,

In different context I was going thru Volkswagen India site and found a unique one there.

They offer Plant tour for Minimum of 20 and maximum of 40 peoples in a group in their Pune plant.

Shall we plan as a TAI group?

Awaiting for your suggestions.

Re: Shall we plan for a Plant Tour.

Please count me in. I am ready.

It would be good if this can be arranged in Chennai/South

Sethu Sir,

That is a great Idea. If you are planning a trip to Pune I can make all the necessary arrangements that are required. Please all of you guys let me know your thoughts on the same.

Regards

Amit

Thread Starter #5

Wow, that is great. We have a volunteer there in Pune. How many of you interested? I think One day is okie for this.

Anushman, am really sorry. This can be done only in their plant which is in Pune.
I am in for Pune also, I was referring if any other TAI ger has any sources to arrange for any other manufacturer tour in South (e.g. Hyundai, Renault etc).

Sir I think one day will be fine to cover the plant we can also have a option cover TATA plant which is next to WW plant and Mercedes-benz centre of excellence

Sandy out TAI member has recently done a coverage over there

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...cedes-benz-inaugurates-centre-excellence.html
That would be good if we can cover multiple plants in one tour.

Thread Starter #8

That is nice if we could get some help for other plants around Pune.

As of now there is an open invitation in their (Volkswagen) site for making request for a tour. let us start with this.

The following points are came to me
  • We might need out Pune TAIger's help for arranging our transportation (either thru own cars or rented one)
  • if we plan to stay for more than a day (may be another day for a Pune meet with all other city members).
  • This is being arranged only on weekdays. so we all should be in a position to avail leave.
  • in case people are traveling from long distance might need to avail leave for more than one day (for our travel)

Weekend will be good. So we can leave Bangalore on Friday night and come back by Monday morning.

That is nice if we could get some help for other plants around Pune.

As of now there is an open invitation in their (Volkswagen) site for making request for a tour. let us start with this.
We can arrange a plant visit to TATA as well( I know some officials there ) and Mercedes with Sandys help.

We might need out Pune TAIger's help for arranging our transportation (either thru own cars or rented one)
This can we done as we have many TAI members in Pune and arranging our own cars would not be an Issue.
if we plan to stay for more than a day (may be another day for a Pune meet with all other city members).
If we have to stay for more than a day accommodations can be arranged in advance ( We do have a option of Ginger hotels and other good affordable hotels which is 15 kms away from the plant).

Oh !! nice idea shaping up Sethu. If things permit, I am also interested though I have already visited TATA plant long back.

Thread Starter #12

Oh !! nice idea shaping up Sethu. If things permit, I am also interested though I have already visited TATA plant long back.
Mr. Guralla, pls make a note that without you most of the important meet may not happen in TAI. Forgot we inviting you or not, somehow it happens that you are there when meet is happening.

So you are there.

Since this is going to in pune, I would like to meet most of our Mumbar TAIgers (Raja pls make a note [;)]) this time.

Weekend will be good. So we can leave Bangalore on Friday night and come back by Monday morning.
Anushman, only on weekdays, for your info.

Pls have a look at Request a Plant Tour < Volkswagen World < Welcome to Volkswagen India link.

We can arrange a plant visit to TATA as well( I know some officials there ) and Mercedes with Sandys help.
If we could make it couple of more visit, then it will be really good. Only thing is we should have energy.

This can we done as we have many TAI members in Pune and arranging our own cars would not be an Issue.
I know, but I want to make sure that none of our members are troubled.

If we have to stay for more than a day accommodations can be arranged in advance ( We do have a option of Ginger hotels and other good affordable hotels which is 15 kms away from the plant).
That should be great. Thanks for the info and initiative Amit.

Last edited:

Mr. Guralla, pls make a note that without you most of the important meet may not happen in TAI. Forgot we inviting you or not, somehow it happens that you are there when meet is happening.

So you are there.

Since this is going to in pune, I would like to meet most of our Mumbar TAIgers (Raja pls make a note [;)]) this time.
Thank you for your words, it was just a coincidence for all those meets wherever I was and it was the other members who made it.

Will try my level best to be there.

Count me in sethu sir but it has to be a weekend as weekday might be difficult. But anyway let people come up and decide the dates will try to do something if its a weekday.

Top Bottom