How To Become a Professional Car Racer?

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys
Hope there is no need for an introduction!
From my small age i have a great enthu and interest towards car racing. Being a petrol head. That wil be everyone's desire.

One and half years back :
I completed my hsc. During my school days my passion was greatly towards the pilot. But after my hsc. When i approached a flight school in pondy. ORIENT FLIGHT SCHOOL in which they said now the oppurtunity for a pilot has decreased a lot. So no one allowed me to do! After that my urge was to be a car racer ! But didnt enquire about that ! Due to the reason my parents was not intersted. They want me to live lik a normal man ! Do engineering and get a job. I really hate that now. Totally my mind is changing towards my passion.

Please suggest me a good decision !
Please provide information about the professional car racing schools. And say the things i have to do to achieve my goal.

Last edited:
Hi Rajvel
Professional car racing is a very expensive sport, more than you could think. you need a strong financial support.
i was in the same dilemma 3 years back and now i am a dropout engineering student because i was not well in studies and my dad wasted 6-digit figure money.[frustration]

Thread Starter #3
Thanks for your rpy Mr Bunker
Me tooo a same bunker. Hahaha
Can you provide the details you have collected.
Try to pm me your contact details.

best wishes raj , and if you find a way just keep us informed :P

The same orient flight school's fees was just 8L in 2005 for CPL license and i was ready to drop from my engineering. but 8L is a huge money to us.

I mentioned Just 8L in my previous line because now the fees is close to 48L :)

Thanks for your rpy Mr Bunker
Me tooo a same bunker. Hahaha
Can you provide the details you have collected.
Try to pm me your contact details.
You have to start from lower level like participating in rally. Get a rally prepared car on rent or make your own and participate. If you perform well you will have sponsors.
other thing is you join some licensed gocarting academy.
Nowadays Toyota and VW also organizing racing but dont know about it.

Top Bottom