Things You Regret Buying!

Thread Starter #1
Hey guys, you must be having something which you have regretted buying. It could be anything automobile,gadget etc.
The things I regret buying
- Fastrack Sunglasses - I bought a kiddish looking sunglasses from Fastrack just because I liked them. But, going home I realized I looked like a fool!
- Blackberry Playbook - Wanted the Galaxy Tab 2, but got the Playbook instead. Inspite of having good specifications, it is lying unused.
- Watches - Many cheapo Chinese watches which looked funky but stopped working in a week or so!]
- HP Deskjet D1668 printer - Bought for 3000, didn't print properly inspite of buying original cartridges!
- Zebronics Keyboard - Bought it since I needed one urgently as my old one stopped working, but the Zebronics Keyboard didn't respond the next day. Got a Intex keyboard as a replacement but lying unused since I got a Logitech one.

Nice topic :D. I think you will see plenty of items in this list.

Sometimes online deals make you buy everything even though you do not need it. I initially did purchase lot of items since the price was less even though it is not useful. Some useful items but not useful as the quality was bad.

The first one i want to forget is the Car vacuum cleaner which came on Groupon. Bought it for 500-600RS (Seeing the standards label on it CE) . But, when it came, I really got a shock. It was nowhere of good quality. Lying unused.

Some juicer (insala?). Juice leaks all over and used only for a day.

Veg cutter (plastic) , onion cutter etc. Never worked the way we wanted. Could not use a single time.

Few sandals from snapdeals. Did not even feel like sending back. It is hard as rock.

CAR anti slip mat from ebay 90rs. was not good. Used just once.

Bought some Mobile holder from ebay. Could not hold my phone. Thrown out :)

Lots more. will update when i remember :)

EDIT: I really feel sorry for you buying BB Playbook. One of the worst tablet I ever came across.

Last edited:
I regret buying my Nintendo Wii and Xbox 360 as they just lie in my entertainment console never being used.
I regret my decision of purchasing them for my kid who never plays with them.
I bought the wii when he was 2yr and the Xbox when he was 4 yrs thinking that the kinect would have him fascinated. But he never cared. He just played 2 times with it :(

In my case it deals with my fiesta's shoes. I was about to buy michelin but went to check yokohama impressed with es100. After using it, the wear makes me feel regret with 30k ODO.
Even with the sunglasses. Aviator from ray ban didnt suit me much.
In dress, after starting use of branded onces, all the unbranded onces are lying un used.

i regret buying the HTC Explorer i bought last year in june. horrible phone and if i waited a month more, i could have gotten MMX Canvas which is a much better phone. though now satisfied with Lumia 720.

more to add later.

Good topic. Step in to any big supermarkets, you can list things here longer than the bill they would have given you. Seriously, many things you (rather your wife [;)]) tempted to buy, but of no use for you. Mostly, they would keep only in larger quantities say 1 KG where you would need only 100 gms of it.

1. Car Air Fresheners - I have bought it twice and understood I am allergic to it. One is thrown out and the other is lying idle at home. Both were not cheap stuff but branded ones. I am allergic to such Air Fresheners.
  2. Car Floor Mats - Again twice! Maybe I am lucky with this number [frustration] One is the OE one comes with the car. Though it's from the dealer, but wasn't a freebie. Yes, I paid for that stupid carpet type mats. Other is the Rubber One bought from outside, as the OE ones get dusty just in no time and tedious to clean. The Rubber ones works well, but rear ones are the trouble. They are independent ones, they slip and go under the front seats and obviously kills the purpose of having floor mats. I should have bought the one that covers the center (hump) area too, combined with the rear mats so that it's stuck in it's place.
  3. Apollo Acellere Tyres - When I changed my stocks few months ago, was contemplating between Acellers and Michielin XM2. Went with the former, being afraid of soft compound and my horrible puncture issues with the outgoing stock MRFs. I won't say that I regret buying Acellere as it's doing it's job really well, no doubts. But just that I miss the other, as the experience claimed by other on Miches are awesome. Maybe the next change for sure.
    Vacuum Cleaner (for Home) - Bought it as insisted by my wife. Well, it's useful for sure, but we had to clean the Vacuum Cleaner often as it gets dirty when kept idle [lol]
  4. Microwave Oven - Again, it's like the last one. We generally use it for heating stuff which is worthless for it's price. However, my wife bakes cakes in it occasionally, and that's the main purpose she bought it. IMHO, Microwave is no where suitable for Indian style (especially South Indian) of cooking. I won't prefer it at least.

There are many things which I regret buying. But currently the most I regret is with my purchase of Lee cooper shoes. Just after 8 months of usage the soul of left leg shoe has broke / cut down in 2 pieces. When I went to shop from where I purchased he gave me Gyaan that how wrongly I must have put my leg on chair cover or bike pedal which has cause this breakage. Infact one of my office colleague also has faced similar failure from Lee Cooper Shoes. Will go back again to Woodland.

There are many things which I regret buying. But currently the most I regret is with my purchase of Lee cooper shoes. Just after 8 months of usage the soul of left leg shoe has broke / cut down in 2 pieces. When I went to shop from where I purchased he gave me Gyaan that how wrongly I must have put my leg on chair cover or bike pedal which has cause this breakage. Infact one of my office colleague also has faced similar failure from Lee Cooper Shoes. Will go back again to Woodland.
I dont know where you bought from, but market is flooded with fake Lee Cooper shoes. I saw them in different reputed stores in Bangalore.

Nice thread friends !!

We often do this mistake in some unwanted excitement

1. Set of 3 t-shirts written with some captions on rediff : After I received them, I am disappointed looking their design and quality. Gifted to some poor chap

After the above incident I am very careful and very choosy while buying stuff online.

I bought few branded pants and shirts under discount sale and their quality sucks hence decided never buy anything in discount offers.

Bought a pair of "egoss" shoe last year in "centro" but very unhappy with their quality and these days more people opting for branded things, there are lot of duplicates being sold.

@Figoan : Always avoid car perfumes or body perfumes which most of the times create allergy. Better to use "karpooram" in car and a good talcum powder on body
@Rajvel : Thanks for the Michelin feedback

I dont know where you bought from, but market is flooded with fake Lee Cooper shoes. I saw them in different reputed stores in Bangalore.
I bought it from Factory outleet mall and hence might be genuine since they had a different shelf setup for different brands with company people managing them.

Thread Starter #11
Buying from a factory outlet is like a gamble. Sometimes you may get a good quality shoe at bargains while sometimes you get shoes which tear in 2 months. I had bought Adidas shoes from a factory outlet. Asked a relative having a Adidas showroom and he said that it's fake since there is no model like that ever made by Adidas. Try going to Crawford Market in Mumbai. You won't even make out that the shoes are fake!

That reminds me, I bought a used TATA sierra in mid 90's. I was the proud owner of it that no one could catch me on the road or come near me; simple reason - it was leaving thick black smoke and spitting oil from the back........oh...very naughty vehicle!!!!!!!!!![lol]

*Sigh*

Somethings you wished you never bought yet you end up doing the same thing over and over again.

1. Laptop cooler for my Asus ROG G53 - Cooler Master SF-19
I bought the cooler after loads of research and in the end, I haven't used it properly even once. It is lying at home in a dark, dusty corner covered in cobwebs. [cry]

2. Philips GoGear - Bought one a long long time back and I've used it like 10 times max.

3. Loads of T-shirts - Some were either too tight or too loose. Gave some of them to the needy. The loose ones I wear at home even though I paid a fortune for them.

Loads of other stuff but can't recall off the top of my head.

Regards,
Vipin

1. Laptop cooler for my Asus ROG G53 - Cooler Master SF-19
I bought the cooler after loads of research and in the end, I haven't used it properly even once. It is lying at home in a dark, dusty corner covered in cobwebs. [cry]
Give to the needy ;)
Will PM my address [embarass] . Let me know if you want to dispose at some nominal charges.

i regret buying the HTC Explorer i bought last year in june. horrible phone and if i waited a month more, i could have gotten MMX Canvas which is a much better phone. though now satisfied with Lumia 720.

more to add later.
How much you have paid for it? I bought for my wife @ 6990 almost an year & half back. HS18 superdeal. Since she does not use any other apps and use mainly for calling and bit of browsing thru wifi, she is very much happy with it. She did not even allow me to root / custom ROM it. If i was using it, i would have at least changed the internal memory thru custom rom. You cant install much apps without modifying the ROM.

I purchased un-branded shirts once or twice. That was it.

How much you have paid for it? I bought for my wife @ 6990 almost an year & half back. HS18 superdeal. Since she does not use any other apps and use mainly for calling and bit of browsing thru wifi, she is very much happy with it. She did not even allow me to root / custom ROM it. If i was using it, i would have at least changed the internal memory thru custom rom. You cant install much apps without modifying the ROM.

I purchased un-branded shirts once or twice. That was it.
i bought it for 9500 in some shop, crappiest phone ever. no apps. and i did install custom roms and rooted and everything. still useless. gave it to my sister. now even she is banging my head for giving it to her. [frustration]

Top Bottom