Bad Experience with Epson Dealer: Intech Systems

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone.

The purpose of posting this is just to make fellow members here and the guests looking at this thread aware of the kind of experience to expect while dealing with Intech Systems in Nehru Place, Delhi.

I was looking forward to buying an Epson L210 multifunction printer. As the inks were not available on flipkart and the printer is comparatively priced higher, I looked for "authorized dealers" on Epson India's website. I found contact details of Intech Systems Pvt Ltd. I called them up to inquire the availability and price of the product and ink bottles. On the first call:
I: Infotech Systems?
He: Yes?
I: You have Epson L210 in stock?
He: Yes. Where are you calling from?
I: *tells location*
He: *hangs up*

Thinking this might be some error in network, I call him again. He picks up the phone, and before I could say anything I was hung up again. I wondered what idiotic behavior this was, but continued to send him an email with my queries. I asked him about the availability of printer & ink, and mentioned about the bad experience I had. Further, I mentioned that if I continue having such experience with him, I would not be interested in buying from him but would also contact Epson India regarding he being the "authorized dealer".

All this had happened yesterday. Today I got this email from him:
First of all like to update about ur query about the pricing n availability as under

1. Epson L210. 9700/Tax paid

The printer comes with complete set of cartridges for about 8K to 10K pages print outs... additional cartridge bottles can be purchased for 375/ each

The printer is available in stock and u can pick it up from our office either from Nehru place or at Wazirpur which I hope is more convenient with u

Secondly, I am sad that u had a bad experience when u called up as u told and like to extend a word of apology for that which was not intentionally.

Thirdly,
Would like to advise you to don't act like my Employer and not to behave like a kid of threating me of bad consequences..
The price is good and I'm glad my queries were answered, but:
• Are "ur", "n" and "u" the kind of words one uses in such emails? I would call this unprofessional. Completely bugs me.
• Being apologetic is good on part of the dealer. But the line which follows clearly shows "bhad me jae apology"-attitude.
• "...don't act like my Employer..." Wait, what? Is a customer not the one who is paying him?

This has left me wondering. If this is the kind of replies I'm getting before I even get the product, what would happen once I get it? Being in the queue forever for getting the products serviced? Getting more frustrating replies?

No thanks Epson. Maybe I'm habitual of FlipKart's customer-first service. But one thing for sure, I'm not interested in getting an Epson from this dealer anymore.

If anyone else also has experiences with this dealer(good, bad, neutral - doesn't matter), please share. Would be good to know if this is a one-time error or is this another Rashi Peripherals/Navnit Motors in making.

Username,

It is just a dealer for Epson. It is not Epson stores. You would not have got the same kind of response from Epson stores.

These days, you see everywhere 'u, dude, dis, dat' typing even by professionals (I do not call them professional) I hate that the most. Even in this forum, you can find people typing the same way (Sam, Iron Rock & 350z wasting their valuable time correcting it). You can see people typing every thing in lower case.

I do not use 'u, dis, dat, prblm' etc even when I send sms or using twitter. (even though it is limited to 140 characters). I just can not withstand.

I too had very bad experience from Pigeon Service center (Jeeves service center takes care of Pigeon). One of the worst service I ever saw. They disconnect every time you call. They do not even say correct address of their customer service center.

I reported to their manager and the person whom I spoke to came in between & started talking. I lost my patience and said 'If you open your mouth again, I will hit you - stay out of me'. I never lost my cool anywhere. Manager was a gentleman and he told him to shut his mouth.

I could understand if they were showing non-interest if it was under warranty. I was asking for a part which was not covered under their warranty terms and was ready to pay for it. 'Wet grinder stone holder'. Got the product finally after 30 days.

Lucky that you got the problem only with the dealer and not with Epson itself. In my case, I got the problem with their 'Authorized service center' (they have only one or two service center i guess).

Thread Starter #3
Username,

It is just a dealer for Epson. It is not Epson stores. You would not have got the same kind of response from Epson stores.
Yes, but it was listed as Authorized Dealer on Epson India's website. I expected more from them. I also expected Epson India to have some extent of control over them(What's thee use of calling it "authorized" otherwise?). I can also go to just-another-local-retailer and get the printer for a lower price if there's no difference in "authorized" and normal dealer.

These days, you see everywhere 'u, dude, dis, dat' typing even by professionals (I do not call them professional) I hate that the most. Even in this forum, you can find people typing the same way (Sam, Iron Rock & 350z wasting their valuable time correcting it). You can see people typing every thing in lower case. 2

I do not use 'u, dis, dat, prblm' etc even when I send sms or using twitter. (even though it is limited to 140 characters). I just can not withstand.
Yes, it is irritating. I do not understand how people can use them in formal/professional emails!

Lucky that you got the problem only with the dealer and not with Epson itself. In my case, I got the problem with their 'Authorized service center' (they have only one or two service center i guess).
But the dealer is Authorized as I mentioned above.
I had complained about poor service and falling quality of food in nearest Pizza Hut once to Pizza Hut India. It was immediately rectified. I expected something similar from it. We're paying the premium by going for "Authorized", no?

I do not know about Epson as particular. I know many Companies give 'Authorized dealer' to a store who sells lot of volume and their standard is not great. They take special care if they make their 'Store' selling only their product. We pay premium in those stores compared to authorized dealers.

I know Dell got lots of formal things if you want to become their Channel Sales partner. You can see Authorized dealer for dell in every nook and corner. They can not sell their premium professional models like 'Latitude/Poweredge' models. To get that, you need to approach Channel Sales Partners or Dell directly(with company letter head etc). They behave better than the Authorized dealers. At the end of the day, it is all depend on the person who is replying to you. :)

I checked for a Dell phone authorized dealers, I got 1000+ dealers in Bangalore. I am sure many would not even speak English properly (forget about replying mails).

Try out visiting their store directly and act as a completely different person. You may get a better price.

Top Bottom