Mumbai Meri Jaan!

Thread Starter #1
I love this city - Mumbai. I have been born and bought up here and have survived the heat, rain, filth and pollution of this city since then. But there is something about this city which makes you fall in love with it.

This thread is dedicated to Mumbai. Lets us discuss anything and everything here, but related to Mumbai. Lets share pictures and stories. Lets share what we like and dislike about Mumbai. Lets talk about our favourite eating joints, be it a restaurant or a vada pav stall. Lets also talk about where we live and what we like about our neighborhood. Lets share about our favourite roads to go on a drive, in Mumbai! Also, lets talk about the tourist attractions and places to visit. I feel there is a lot about this huge city to know, that even residents like me may be unaware of.

Let me start with some pics of Mumbai first:

Mumbai 1.jpg
mumbai pic.jpg
mumbai-india-desktop-wallpaper-wallpapers-hd-culture-bridge-skyline.jpg
Skyscrapers_wallpapers_110.jpg

My favourite place in Mumbai: Marine Drive (Queen's Necklace)-

Marine-Drive-Mumbai-wallpaper-India.jpg

Mumbai Airport-

22airport1.jpg
Mumbai Airport terminal 1C_1600x1200.jpg
Mumbai International Airport_1600x1200.jpg

The B.E.S.T. bus-

best-bus.jpg

The old taxi -

taxi.JPG

and the new one -

Taxi,mumbai,TN544.jpg

My favourite roads to drive: Palm Beach road and Bandra Worli Sea Link-

img2581y.jpg
vinodkumar.jpg

I have never driven on the Mumbai Eastern Freeway but I have heard that it is an amazing stretch-

EFW.jpg

Thread Starter #2
Some good buildings proposed or under construction in Mumbai -

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
I love this city - Mumbai. I have been born and bought up here and have survived the heat, rain, filth and pollution of this city since then. But there is something about this city which makes you fall in love with it.
Somehow I have attachment with Mumbai even though I have never been connected to it much. I still remember how excited I was during my first visit to Mumbai back in 2008 (Just a few months before the 26/11 attacks). I’m sure it would have progressed by leaps and bounds since then. I’m eager to travel again but this time by car and explore nearby scenic locations as well as the sea link. Let’s make this as the ultimate Mumbai thread. Goods, bads, tourist hot spots, actual images and what not. Keep them coming. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

I was born in Udupi, But actually childhood was in suburb of Mumbai a place called Dombivli, Did my Two graduations in Dombivli, Did my Higher studies Right Behind Taj Hotel, a place called Institute of Science, Since i was a IT Geek, Roamed round Lamington road and being a Bike rider, know each and every corner of western central and Harbour Suburb, you name it eateries, less know places, things to avoid, trains, you name it, I strongly feel that Mumbai should be governed by Mumbaites not by someone from villages which has been a norm since few years, There have to be strict fines, for littering and spitting

Since i stay in developed world i miss mumbai very much...Mumbai meri Jaan! Hai dil hai muskil jeena yaha

Thread Starter #5
My favourite Mumbaiya food -

Vada Pav:

Vada pav.jpg

Pav Bhaji:

pav bhaji.jpg

Dabeli:

dabeli.jpg

Dahi Sev Batata Puri:

Dahi.jpg

Pani Puri:

Pani.jpg

My favourite eateries in Mumbai are:

Sardar's (Pav Bhaji) - 10 mins walk from Mumbai Central Station
Bachelors (Ice cream, milkshakes and smoothies) - Chowpatty
Pizzaeria (Pizza) - Marine Drive
Rajdhani (Gujarati food) - multiple locations
Barbeque Nation - Andheri
5 Spice (Chinese) - Bandra
Hard Rock Cafe (Fast Food) - Worli

A lesser known restaurant which I frequent is Mantra in Powai, simply because the food is finger licking delicious.

Not everything is hunky dory though. The biggest problem that Mumbaikers face is -

night traffic jam.jpg

Add one more place to eateries. Global Fusion.. ahhh wat a food.

I have been born and brought up in Mumbai.

Few very good places that are not mentioned are.

Ayubs rolls : Fort, opposite university library. go there at around 9-10 pm and you will jags and BMWs and audis parked on road and people eating rolls.

Bade Miya: A road side thela behind Taj hotel, now a big restaurant.

And how to forget Persian Darbar, Raan Biryani.

Merwan's Mawa cake outside Grant Road station.

having non veg food in Musafir khana (Crawford Market).

And list is endless. :-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm,

I am attached to Mumbai like any other city in India with my business travelling. The first I visited Mumbai during 1999 I think and Mumbai is changed a lot now, but yes there is not change in those Railway stations, local trains, Fiat taxi and Vada Pav(I like it very much).

Mumbai looks unique to me for its speed, every body is so busy and fast moving every where and I amazed with the kind of crowd I have seen in CST, Dadar and some of the places during my first visit. People travel right from 3 am in local trains for their jobs in Mumbai and go back and reach at 11pm in the night, Ah very long working day. I have never seen a Mumbaikar bit lazy as they are quick and active. I am glad that I have friends like Raja, Dharmesh,Superbad & Raj from Mumbai.

@Raj, nice thread and pictures and believe me I am yet to visit those places like Gateway of India, Sea link, Juhu beach, marine drive etc.,

@Dharmesh, hope you have reached Australia safely and look farward to hear from you on your experiences

I love this city as i have born and brought up here and have stayed in areas like Wadala, Bhandup and Dombivli. My first office was at Dalamal Towers (Nariman Point). Won't forget this place as some memories are attached with it[;)]

Really Mumbai meri jaan....wow nostalgic, on my last vacation in Dec., 2013 to Kanpur with my family, I stopped over in Mumbai for half a day, just to buy a carton full of "CD" Charaghdin Shirts in Colaba, and have a meal at Khandar Restaurant, Fort.
Mumbai is like an ediction

Hello Happy Mumbaikars!

Just wanted to inform you guys that i'll be in Mumbai from 5 th Apr until 25 th for an off-site training and I just can't stop waiting for the d-day to come.

So please advice places of attraction and please do mention the restaurants(unfortunately a veggie)

I'll be staying at Malad area to be specific and just saw some two or three places in Trip advisor which i plan to visit in my stay.Please suggest or recommend any places we should definitely try for!

Sanjay Gandhi National park: Where and how do we reach?
India Gate: is added and mandatory for me.
Any hill stations nearby except Lonavala?

Also do we have any self-drive car rentals in Mumbai? Or what is the minimum fare/fare to be given these taxi wallas charge for mumbai rounds?

Thanks in advance!!

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hello Happy Mumbaikars!

I'll be staying at Malad area to be specific and just saw some two or three places in Trip advisor which i plan to visit in my stay.Please suggest or recommend any places we should definitely try for!

Sanjay Gandhi National park: Where and how do we reach?
India Gate: is added and mandatory for me.
Any hill stations nearby except Lonavala?

Or what is the minimum fare/fare to be given these taxi wallas charge for mumbai rounds?
Vishwas Babu: Band Stand, Worli Sea Face, Sea Link, Juhu Beach, Sidhivinay Mandir, Lamborghini Showroom(if you get time:biggrin:), Mohd. Ali Road for authentic Non Veg Cuisine, Malad has some malls too. Inorbit Mall, RK Studios in Chembur to name few.

One of my dad's reliable acquaintance for past 15 years is GR Travels owned by Mr Ram Singh. The full day charge for private vehicle(Taxi Permit) Dzire, Etios would be 1500. I suggest a cool cab will be better option also do bargain on Auto Fares.

Have a great time and be prepared for a hot weather. Any help if needed do let me know.

PS: its Gateway of India!

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Hello Vishwas,

Akash has already stated some places in Mumbai. Just to add to it do visit GPO, Flora Fountain, Five gardens, Walkeshwar. I would suggest you to take "Mumbai Darshan" trip, you will get its enquiry from any tours and travels or check Mumbai Darshan : One day tour package of Mumbai sightseeing spots

I would also like to add here that the nearest hill station from Mumbai is Matheran.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

Sharing some pics from my Sasuraal Land i.e Mumbai. Went there for a short trip this past Sunday and returned today. The one thing which I wish could improve were the width of roads. Having seen the roads of Noida and Delhi, I wish same was there with Mumbai too. It was an extended weekend for all due to Shivratri. By the way, there is also a very good restaurant by the name of Gajali in Vile Parle (Hanuman Road). Their preparation were good in taste and neither heavy in the stomach nor on the pocket. Since I always prefer to stay close to Airport, this was a near-by restaurant to go. Went to Bandra, Sea Face, Sea Link, Prabadevi and Sidhi Vinayak Mandir among other places. The only place I forgot to go was my future Sasuraal[lol][clown] because of which I have to return back to Mumbai this weekend.

20160306_173951.jpg

20160306_174531.jpg

20160306_181458.jpg

20160307_111804.jpg

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom