Need Advice on Purchasing RO Water Purifier

Thread Starter #1
Guys i am planning to get a new RO water purifier, but got confused b/w many products available in market. That's why need advice of all you people in respect of the same. [:)]

I request fellow members to kindly suggest me a RO water purifier for my native at Gorakhpur(UP). What will be the Yearly maintenance cost?

Last edited:
First identify who are company providing the service for water purifier in your locality.
List down them, then identify who is proving better service among them.
This will give you the required company in your locality. what is the point in buying best company without support of ASS.
For water purification unit, more important is ASS.
Now your 50% job is done.
Now find out do you really need RO purification system. RO process will waste around 80% of water for purification. That mean in order to get 1 liter of water RO system will draw 1.8 liter of water. So in your area sufficient water supply should be there.

After concluding above point ,look for best budget and get your water purifier and drink the purest water (hope so [confused])

Last edited:
Go with Kent RO,I am using this since last 3 years and am really happy with it.
And if you purchase from army canteen then it will cost you around 8 k.Market price is 15 k.

Thanks Gurrala & Amit,
We have enquired Aquaguard & Kent through their call center number.

Aquaguard: Representative has shown “Enhance” model and seems it will be ok for our requirement.
Kent: 3 days left, still waiting for their representative or call. [anger]

Regards
Mohit

Last edited:
Wherever in the country, Aquaguard response is excellent. RO is very much required where water is hard and UV also to kill micro bacteria

Most important factor here is ASS. ASS must be available doorstep.
Best way to find about status of doorstep ASS is monthly meeting of housing society else talk with neighbours .
Also the ASS shop must be on your daily route because my experience is that promises done by purifier cos. are often not kept. This

To know whether you really require RO or only UV (ultra violet ray) filter is enough , you need to measure the hardness and TDS (Total Dissolved Salts) of water which is provided for drinking by the civic authorities . Contact a RO purifier provider and ask him to measure it.

Some times the water provided by civic authority is already soft (eg Pune municipal corporation) , so only UV purifiers are enough. And they are cheaper than RO.
Drinking too much hard water can lead to kidney stones hence RO is must. In such situations it is better to purchase RO + UV purifier Because if RO filter fails UV provides back up. When RO filter is working, it removes micro organisms from water and also removes harmful and extra minerals while maintaining correct and optimum quantity of minerals in the output water , hence UV is not required because UV works by killing microorganisms also UV doesn't manage minerals at all.

RO demands high maintenance if the water to be purified is muddy (I mean it contains fine earth particles)or if water is too hard (more than 300mg/lit) or TDS (i.e. Total Dissolved Salts ) is more than 500.
If levels are bellow the figures mentioned, maintenance is low. i. e. Rs 350 to 450 for one filter, you have to replace 3 such filters at a time every 6000 lits. The RO membrane requires replacement every 12000 lits of purified water. Cost of RO membrane which is used when TDS contents of water to be purified is less than 500 mg/lit is Rs 2200 approx.
So key step is to measure hardness and TDS content of the water supplied by civic authority.

Broadly, TDS content of well and bore well water is above 500 to 800.This requires higher rated costly RO filters, while water from lakes, rivers have TDS levels of 200 to 500, this often reduces to 100 after the filtration process followed by civic authorities.
Second important factor is pressure of the input water. If it is low then there are few purifiers which comes with in built motor to improve pressure and they are electricity dependent. So electric supply scenario of your area decides their true utility.
While few work only on high pressure of input water and do not require electricity.
It is important to go through website of purifier Co s. such as Eureka forbes, ion exchange(zero B), Kent, Nasaka etc. They have variety of purifiers with various utility and comfort features . You can choose as per your requirements. For eg. Radium indicators for water level., Hidden purifier under kitchen table and tap available at sink . wall mountable, table top mountable etc.

I am closely watching this thread as I need one too. Now, I am using the Aquasure purifier (20 ltrs).

My situation is like this.

1. We get cauvery water (BWSSB -Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board) and it comes with mud/dirt at times. It comes on alternate days comes alternate days and we get to the sump (underground water tank). No inlet inside. Soft water compared to borewell

2. We have borewell. Most of the time we get powdered content along with it. (Golden/Silver color particles - Gold contents ? [surprise]). We have a connection inside kitchen where we get water directly from borewell before going to water tank (in terrace).

I actually preferred water which directly comes to us than going to sump & tank. Sump is not cleaned every month. Tank in terrace also not cleaned every month. It is cleaned every 3 months. We get black/golden/silver colored powder almost 1 cm height in tank (when we use more of borewell).

So, which kind of product i should go for? I know the current one(Aquasure) does not give perfect water. So, we boil the cleaned water & then drink.

If we are connecting one directly with tank outlet, do we have to connect to power supply? Do we get a RO/UV device where we can fill water manually?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
@appus
My situation is exactly same as yours. Go for Aquaguard RO+UV model and ask them to fit external pump if direct connection to water inlet is not possible.
We put the water inlet pipe in a bowl and collect the purified water into a old rama water filter without candles. Hope you got my point

Thanks Gurrala Sir,

I asked for Aquaguard demo. As expected, it is not a demo. They bring a device to measure the water density (TDS-Total Dissolved Solids). If it is a corporation water, you get it around 150. Or if it is bore well, you get above 500 - 600.

So he suggested if we are using both, then go for RO + UV . If we are using only corporation water (softened), go for only UV. If we use some product like RO+, we end up getting distilled water and no minerals.

He suggested
AQUAGUARD GENEUS . The price is 23K which can even work for softened water itseems. We can set how much percent of minerals we need to keep etc. 30%, 20% and you get water with taste like Bisleri / other packaged drinking water.

The maintenance is 3500 Rs for every 10000Ltrs.

I have asked for Kent demo tomorrow morning. Will update the details once i meet that gentleman.

DEMO - They do not show any device. Just a knowledge transfer.

Appus, For your requirements you should go for plain RO with additional simple filter which fits out side and before the RO machine. Eg . Enhance aqua guard. This additional filter replacement is DIY job, looking at the gross impurities in your water, you would face more maintenance if additional filter is not purchased.

BTW, no RO or UV purifier is available with manual filling of wateras inp ut.

Last edited:
@Tornado
I have one from Aquaguard which UV called as eboiling+ which apump model as we donot a facility of continues water input.

Which brand for RO Water Purifiers

Tried searching this thread here but could not find it so starting this thread.Mods if we have a smiliar thread please merge it.

Guys, looking to buy RO purifier for my home.Till date we were using Eureka Forbs regular filter purifier where our society used to get sufficient water supply from the corporation.But now the usage as well as the members have increased and the supply from corporations is not as it used to, so most of the time Boring water is used.
What does the RO + UV+ UR all these terms means?
While inquiring in the market and dealers, i am suggested either Kent and Aquaguard from Eureka forbs as these both brands have better sales as well as after services, with more on kent RO plant as they are the only one with certified UV company where else others only have RO.
Now the TDS can be adjusted and setup with the minimum necessary volumes needed for human body not to deficite minerals completely.
What do you guys suggest?
Any inputs please.[confused]

@Vijay

We have recently bought a Aquasure RO+UV for my sister which is the best model in the market at the moment. RO = Reverse Osmosis, UV=Ultraviolet It costed us 17K and working fine

Top Bottom