Amazon.in Finally Arrives in India

Thread Starter #1
The two year old Amazon Appstore has already entered India a little over a month after the announcement of its arrival had been made. A substitute to the well known Google Play store, the outlet has embarked on its journey carrying a cartload of utilities and games for Android users residing in the realm and nearly 200 additional nations.

So this means that Google Play will no more be the dominant channel providing the necessary apps that an Android device needs. We aren’t saying that the official outlet doesn’t take care of most consumer needs when it comes to delivering utilities, but a tinge of competition can only add to users’ benefits.

Seen on the portal are some famous games such as Plants vs. Zombies, Bejeweled 2, Cut the Rope: Time Travel HD and more in the paid section, whereas the free app category can be seen comprising of Angry Birds Friends, Temple Run 2, Subway Surfers, Fruit Ninja and others. In spite of being made available in the region now, the store doesn’t parade localized pricing, unlike the Mountain View folks’ digital outlet.

As of now, the website demands that users connect their credit cards in order to purchase paid apps. This however won’t be necessary while downloading free services. When news regarding the portal turning up in the country had been revealed, the company had begun welcoming apps built by developers from within the region. This is probably why it comes as a surprise that no local apps can be spotted on the site just yet.

The Kindle Fire maker has already begun plotting ways to divert customers’ attention away from the traditional Android outlet. It has started by offering one paid app for free on a daily basis. Today, users can download Fruit Ninja which is otherwise worth $0.99, without shelling out a penny from their pockets.

The advent of the Amazon Appstore in India is a result of an upgrade that thrusts the portal to version 5.0. The digital outlet which offered support for merely 7 countries has gone ahead to include 195 regions in totality. Australia, Brazil, Mexico, Canada and South Korea are some of the nations present in the list.

Amazon Appstore arrives in India, challenges Google Play's reign - Mobiletor.com

Re: Amazon Appstore Arrives in India: Challenges Google Play’s Reign

Is the kindle fire officially available in India now nitin ?

thanks . Never knew about it.
Got cut the rope game worth a dollar free today.

@Nitin
Why you don't go for the kindle?

Thread Starter #6

The Amazon Kindle Fire tablet has received mixed reactions from the critics in the U.S. with many complaining about the small screen size, lack of external volume controls and finicky touch screen. Amazon, meanwhile, has reportedly confirmed rolling out an update to the Kindle Fire in less than two weeks. However, there's no information on whether Amazon will bring an updated Kindle Fire to India.

:redface:

also they use a forked version of android which i feel is useless.

Amazon is finally in India

US big giant in online stores industry "Amazon" is finally in india today.This is one of the big entrant entering the indian continent under FDI.
This would lead to some more competition in the online stores sector and leads to tough stands for Flipkart, ebay, and other similar online stores.

Amazon.in: Online Shopping for Books and Movies & TV

its good to see that big players are entering india and offering better products at a affordable prices.
initially only books, movies and music albums will be on cards and later plans to offer phones , cameras, etc. it has 7 million books and 30000 movie titles to offer.

HAPPY SHOPPING .. [:D]

Re: Amazon is finally in India

Amazon is famous for its return policy.Whether the same policy will be followed in India as followed in US. I don't think so.

Re: Amazon is finally in India

That is wonderful. Good to see amazon.in

Hope they would bring a new dimension to online shopping in India.

Its non-touch but the one that comes with touch has better battery backup.
Battery Life
Kindle non-touch (2012): last for 1 month
Kindle paperwhite: last for 2months

Thanks for the info. I think my co-brother got a kindle which is lying as he does not use. He asked me whether I needs it. I said no because 1) It is not touch 2)It is just 6" 3)I have a phone which is 5" and do not want to carry one more device with me. Anyways, I will have a look at it in couple of days.

Top Bottom