Reviews & Discussions On E-Commerce Websites

Thread Starter #1
I think we should need a thread where we can discuss about different online shopping portals. We can discuss about any offer and coupons or any type of discussion related to price of mobile or anything.

Last edited:
Re: Discussion about different ecommerce site

There are plenty of online website which are good for some users and bad for few others.

For me:-
The fastest in shipping - consistent in more than 10+ orders ->yebhi.com . Then comes flipkart, Myntra , Jabong etc

Best discounts :-
Homeshop18 superdeal, Jaw dropping sale in Shopclues, Indiatimes Mobile deal, Pepperfry, Star CJ, ebay with coupons

Slowest in shipping : - Indiatimes , shopclues, tradus, homeshop18, Next, Pepperfry and many more (do not remember now)

Least trouble to get the product replaced : Yebhi / Flipkart /Myntra

The best way to deal the online shopping websites : Tweet publicly ! They will respond faster than calling them and wasting your time.

Do not shop from site called shoppingmantra and seventymm if you donot want to take chances. Few never got products from Shoppingmantra, few didnt get from seventymm. I never shopped from these two

Last edited:

I think we should need a thread where we can discuss about different online portals. We discuss about any offer and coupons or any type of discussion related to price of mobile or anything.
I have done lots of purchases with Flipkart and Ebay India. Of late i have stopped purchasing from flipkart as they ship the products only after 5-8 working days at the earliest. Earlier when they were starting the business they used to ship the products within 1-2 days. I suppose as they have grown things have gone a little haywire.

Ebay India on the other hand is now a days sells products with lots of promotional and festival offers. In my personal experience i found Ebay India to be cheaper. But Ebay India is an entirely different experience as you need to be very careful the purchases that you do.. You need to look at the positive ratings of the seller before you proceed with the purchase. Always read the comments (Positive/Negative) by previous customers who have dealt with the buyer. i only buy from sellers who have more than 99% positive feedback. But remember Ebay doesn't sell stuff. Sellers are actually individual guys unlike Flipkart which sells products on its own. A pic of a seller who has good feedback for your reference.( I have blocked his name so that it doesn't have negative publicity)

Capture.JPG

Do look at the huge number of successful trading he has done which exceeds 4500. Also you can contact him through ebay with Ask seller option just given below the seller rating. Always use this to get a clear picture of the product.

Regards,
Sankar

@sankar,
May be because you are in Kerala. Normally for Bangalore customers, we get it shipped maximum in 1-2 days. Same day shipping do happen in some cases.

As mentioned, when purchasing from ebay the buyers should be more alert than buying from everyone. You need not only look the 100% feedback, you need to also look the number of items he sold. I got 100% feedback over 100 items purchased. When I started selling, I will be starting as 100% feedback. You need to click on 'Feedback as a seller' and see how good he is. Read the feedback. Read all the negative feedback. I still buy if a negative feedback says 'shipped very late'. In that case, i just use 'contact seller' or email them and talk about this concern. Believe me, they will ship on same day if you happen to order the item.

If people are not solving cases, just tweet directly to @ebayindia initially. If they do not respond, just use a #tag or use tweet publicly with some words before (if you put @ in starting of a tweet, it do not goto your followers.). I think facebook wall also works (I do not use facebook. So less knowledge on that).

@dharmesh,
Flipkart is still one the best online shopping destination if you dont worry much about discounts
Nikon D7000 SLR - Nikon: Flipkart.com
and
Do a search in ebay for the same. If you have a 7.5 or 8% coupon, you can get another 6-7K from discounted price of 72-73K . So you end up saving 15K (Again, you need to judge wisely from whom you want to buy).

For 15K, you can go for 1 or 2 prime lens :) . Both comes with 2 year warranty from Nikon India.

Above case if i see naptol giving the same for 50 or 60K, i wont be buying from them. I read lots of complaints. So i stay away from them.

The above was just an example.

But, If i see the flipkart price 64K and ebay price 62K after using coupon, I may end up purchasing from flipkart as i never had bad experience from them. I know them from 2008-09.

Try purchasing something from yebhi.com using try n buy. I purchased my formal shoes like that :) Good discount and correct fit.

All my slippers (puma/Adidas/reebok) are bought from yebhi under 150Rs. MRP of 650-999. Check out there services by buying some item worth less than 200rs or so. You will be amazed :).

I never had any issues with buying from ebay as i usually buy from sellers who has sold more than 1000 items with 99% feedbacks. Flipkart used to deliver to my place within 2-3days couple of years back. But now it takes 2 days for them to respond when i buy an item and 4-5 days when they ship it and another 2-3 days before it reaches me[frustration]. This happend to me thrice. So stopped ordering from Flipkart. I have good experience of buying formal and casual shoes from Yebhi and Myntra. Both are good and have emi option if you have HDFC credit card.[clap].

Regards,
Sankar

350Z

Core Team
Re: Discussion About Different E-Commerce Websites

FlipKart has never let me down. Shipping is quite fast atleast in Delhi and so is their customer support. I’m now thinking to shop some car care products from SnapDeal.

Drive Safe,
350Z

thinking to shop some car care products from SnapDeal.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Try shopclues if the price is same. Snapdeal was okay for me. Shopclues gave a better pricing. You can always get some coupons at shopclues. You get clue bucks on every purchase. (depending on the value of purchase). You can use it for later. 1 clue buck is one rupee.

I think they have 15% off coupon running now.

Thread Starter #9

Try shopclues if the price is same. Snapdeal was okay for me. Shopclues gave a better pricing. You can always get some coupons at shopclues. You get clue bucks on every purchase. (depending on the value of purchase). You can use it for later. 1 clue buck is one rupee.

I think they have 15% off coupon running now.
Is the coupon is applicable to book also?

Yes. Try this SCN15OMG . I just tried on some books "Congratulations! Discount/Promotion Successfully Applied
OMG Additional 15% Off"

You can get 200 of 1250 if you recharge on paytm (13rs more than 15% )

Last edited:

i generally do not shop online.

when i do i make sure i get decent enough discount then what i get from brick and mortar shops.

initially was sceptical of online shopping , so use flipkart with COD option.

offlate their service is going down, so i use shopclues as well as ebay when i get decent discounts.

@Tenida,
They even sold it for 13995 in superdeals !

@superbad,
I think Flipkart scores over shopclues and ebay (most of the sellers) in terms of shipment? Do they ship late for Mumbai guys too?

Thread Starter #14
@Tenida,

@superbad,
I think Flipkart scores over shopclues and ebay (most of the sellers) in terms of shipment? Do they ship late for Mumbai guys too?
I know that. But the sad part is that HS18 don't send phone and laptop to Kolkata for some cr@py form 50. [frustration]

@Tenida,

@superbad,
But for month I guess they were really fast. Got my benro tripod within 2 days time. Ordered on Saturday night and got the parcel on Monday around 11AM [clap]. Product location is from New Delhi.

Last edited by a moderator:

@Tenida,

@superbad,
I suspect Flipkart ships really quickly for those in and near Bangalore is because they have a huge godown and office in Bangalore. Flipakrt takes 2-3days just for processing an order if you are from Trivandrum. No offense but my personal experience while ordering from Flipkart. But the fun fact is that they used to deliver in 2 days from date of purchase couple of years back. Don't know what happend during these years at Flipkart.[confused]

Regards,
Sankar

Top Bottom