Passport Application Processing Time

Thread Starter #1
On 23rd of Jan 2013 I applied for re issue of passport to change the address and marital status. As per my sources I was told that it will take anything between 30 to 45 days.

But yesterday to my surprise, I received my new renewed passport. Just 8 days. [clap]. I was more surprised than happy. For a second I could not believe that this happened in India. [clap]. I wish if all govt. departments work in the similar manner, all things could really go smooth.

P.S. Passport application is now taken care by TATA (TCS).

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/disclaimer

That's good to know that things can happen so quick as well and that too passport related[:)].
But i guess renewal does come quick, i am just guessing.

When i was coming to US for the first time i got my passport within a week since i went through the "Tatkal" service. You have to pay some extra fees but everything works very quick.

BTW: I did't know that TCS takes care of the passport application now.

Thread Starter #3
Yes that's true for Tatkal, but mine was not tatkal. My sister's husband passport took 40 odd days for the passport renewal. That's the reason I am more surprised.

Hi Dharmesh,

I'm also applying for renewal. But i'm not able to get the appointment. How did you manage to get the appointment?

Thread Starter #5
I have to get an appointment for both me and wifey. so I logged into to both the accounts at 2.55 PM (appointment starts from 3.00 PM daily). and sitting exactly on the page where it shows the appointment timings. and from 2.59 PM I kept on refreshing the page. and this way I got appointment. Even if you are late by 5-6 minutes it might get over. [;)]

P.S. My wifey's passport is yet to be delivered. Current status shows that it is printed and will be dispatched soon.

Dharmesh that's good to know.
Hey the timings for appointment varies here in Karnataka , it starts at 6pm sharp and appointment gets over in 3 minutes.
It's like hit or miss.

All you need to book an appointment is a broadband with minimum 4 Mbps to get an appointment.

The reason you got it so early was the backlogs are being cleared so the new processing is happening swiftly.

That's the case here in Bangalore.

Even I got my renewed passport within 7 days without tatkal, and funny part is, I got call for police verification after receiving my passport [;)]

Thread Starter #8
Received my wifey's passport yesterday. [clap]

@alfa alfa : There are 3 types of verification process. Pre, Post and No. If you check your ac knowledge receipt, it would be mentioned there what verification process will happen. For me it is no verification for my wife it is post verification.

Top Bottom