Gear Shift Madness!!!

Thread Starter #1
It's me again.. [evil]

Yea, right. I see what you've in mind, but that's not true.

I really had this question for a while.

Being an automatic lover... i love tension free drives. But hey that doesn't mean playing with gear shifts brings tension. I love driving at hill side with manual sticks. Just not in city for me.

I started thinking weird things about manual shifts, People who play with their manual sticks in everyday life. Have you ever made a count like how many shifts you go through while driving from home > office > home ?

If you do one, Please do share

Reason for this ? Nothing. just a random idea i had the other day while waiting to hump off from the traffic signal with many manual stick cars.

*if its not the right category. please move to general disc*

Last edited:
I have not counted that.
But i will shift more being very lazy to place a leg on clutch.
And also to make use of turbocharger i used to down shift.

From My experience, Cars really matters in when calculates gear shift counts. When i drive my brother's Honda city 07 IDsi, on the same route to my office , gear shifts are very less compared to my other rides. sometimes i feel like driving AT on that car.But when i drive my esteem (06 Petrol),earlier M 800 & friends Accent CRDi etc,I am sure the gear shift counts will be 3x times than that Honda city. Don't know Why.Sometimes i think i drive that car like a diesel car at a speed of 70-90km/hr constantly.

Never counted, however it has to be too many [surprise]
Never happened to give it a thought either. Next time I am on my steering will make an attempt to count the gear shift.. Its going to be fun.[:D]

The manual gives you the feeling of being in control and AT though much sided towards comfort has its own drawbacks for the Maunal Enthu's

Nothing like Manual when you go uphill, like what you said

AT is much liked by city commutes, have driven AT a lot but never felt it as a pleasure as it keeps me bored during the drive, drive a beamer AT and manual where you can feel the difference spot on.. Be it madness but stills its the a feeling of

Being in control or being controlled [;)]

Just counted it yesterday frrom way back from office to home. Yesterday surprisingly traffic was less. Distnace is about 20 KM. On a normal day full of traffic, I am expeecting the gear shifts count to go up. [clap]

Gear Shifts Count : 198 (plus minus 10). [devil]

@Dharmesh,

How can one decide gear shifts[confused] as it completely depending on the traffic we face every day and the speed of the vehicle, so I really did not understand the title of the thread so far

@Dharmesh,

How can one decide gear shifts[confused] as it completely depending on the traffic we face every day and the speed of the vehicle, so I really did not understand the title of the thread so far
It is not about guessing, it is about counting how much gear shifts you had. And I had counted it, it was 198.

I remember my days in Boston, trying to shift gears in AT. I am kind of person, loves manual transmission a lot than automatic.

Do we really need this thread.

I mean c'mon, how does it matter or for that sake add value to anything, that how many gear shifts did I make from point A to B.

freakdude.

Top Bottom