Satisfaction or Happiness?

Thread Starter #1
I started to think about this because of song Sapnon se bhare naina from Luck By Chance, where he says
Sukh hai alag aur chain alag hai
Par jo ye dekhe wo nain alag hai
Chain to hai apna, Sukh hai paraye
I found a nice blog post about "Satisfaction vs Happiness" on internet, which said if you eat chapatis 3 times a day, you may be satisfied, but if you go to a 5-star hotel like Taj and eat, you may be happy. But if you don't eat enough, you may fail to satisfy your hunger.
Does this mean you cannot be happy if you are satisfied, but you can be satisfied even if you are happy?

Many people even say happiness and satisfaction are just a state of mind. One may be on top of the world, yet sad. How does one reach that state? And if one achieves satisfaction and happiness with whatever he has, would that not bring stagnation in life, ie will that not prevent progress?

This is quite a philosophical question, what is greater satisfaction or happiness?

Thread Starter #3
I think you are happy when satisfied and satisfied when happy.
But as in the above example, eating chapati daily will be satisfying but not happy. Eating insufficient quantity of food in 5-star will make you happy but not satisfied. :|

EDIT: Another-If you get 98% in exams, you will be satisfied but if there are 5 guys with 100%, you may not be happy. [:D]

Last edited:
Satisfaction to fullest leads to happiness.
When you ate chapati, then also you are happy as you fulfill your hunger but once it is done, you remember 5 star hotel. Here happiness is not for hunger but ambience of hotel. (Target has changed)

So, happiness is subjective in this case, but when you have Peace of Mind, you are eternally happy. Try for this. [:D]

Top Bottom