A Story To Make You Smile.. :)

Thread Starter #1
King Arthur and the Witch

Young King Arthur was ambushed and imprisoned by the monarch of a neighbouring kingdom. The monarch could have killed him but was moved by Arthur's youth and ideals. So, the monarch offered him his freedom, as long as he could answer a very difficult question. Arthur would have a year to figure out the answer and, if after a year, he still had no answer, he would be put to death.

The question?...What do women really want? Such a question would perplex even the most knowledgeable man, and to young Arthur, it seemed an impossible query. But, since it was better than death, he accepted the monarch's proposition to have an answer by year's end.

He returned to his kingdom and began to poll everyone: the princess, the priests, the wise men and even the court jester. He spoke with everyone, but no one could give him a satisfactory answer.

Many people advised him to consult the old witch, for only she would have the answer.

But the price would be high; as the witch was famous throughout the kingdom for the exorbitant prices she charged.

The last day of the year arrived and Arthur had no choice but to talk to the witch. She agreed to answer the question, but he would have to agree to her price first.

The old witch wanted to marry Sir Lancelot, the most noble of the Knights of the Round Table and Arthur's closest friend!

Young Arthur was horrified. She was hunchbacked and hideous, had only one tooth, smelled like sewage, made obscene noises, etc. He had never encountered such a repugnant creature in all his life.

He refused to force his friend to marry her and endure such a terrible burden; but Lancelot, learning of the proposal, spoke with Arthur

He said nothing was too big of a sacrifice compared to Arthur's life and the preservation of the Round Table.

Hence, a wedding was proclaimed and the witch answered Arthur's question thus:

What a woman really wants, she answered....is to be in charge of her own life.

Everyone in the kingdom instantly knew that the witch had uttered a great truth and that Arthur's life would be spared.

And so it was, the neighbouring monarch granted Arthur his freedom and Lancelot and the witch had a wonderful wedding.

The honeymoon hour approached and Lancelot, steeling himself for a horrific experience, entered the bedroom. But, what a sight awaited him. The most beautiful woman he had ever seen lay before him on the bed. The astounded Lancelot asked what had happened

The beauty replied that since he had been so kind to her when she appeared as a witch, she would henceforth, be her horrible deformed self only half the time and the beautiful maiden the other half.

Which would he prefer? Beautiful during the day....or night?

Lancelot pondered the predicament. During the day, a beautiful woman to show off to his friends, but at night, in the privacy of his castle, an old witch? Or, would he prefer having a hideous witch during the day, but by night, a beautiful woman for him to enjoy wondrous intimate moments?

What would YOU do?

What Lancelot chose is below.

BUT....make YOUR choice before you scroll down below.

OKAY?

Noble Lancelot said that he would allow HER to make the choice herself.

Upon hearing this, she announced that she would be beautiful all the time because he had respected her enough to let her be in charge of her own life

Now....what is the moral to this story?

The moral is.....
If you don't let a woman have her own way....
Things are going to get ugly...

Man..even I was also searching the answer for the same question since years..really.[clap]
And now I am even more horrified thinking how it will turn up, in other words 'where to fell'? At one side there is well and another is a cliff!!:stupid:

Man..even I was also searching the answer for the same question since years..really.
And now I am even more horrified thinking how it will turn up, in other words 'where to fell'? At one side there is well and another is a cliff!!
*fall. [;)]

Nice story BTW. This advice will be useful for me after 10 years or so. [lol]

Guys such stories are not worth any moral. we are disrespecting our mothers,sisters,wives,friends and all the females.

Have you ever wondered both male and female come from same source?

These kind of fairy tales leave children in disdain towards females since childhood.

It could be true that of all kind of atrocities against women are born out these kind stories where women are considered mysterious and root of evil.

I have never seen any female living " in charge of her own life".

I pity on such fake ideals and fairy tales.

BTW,witches were not some ugly old ladies but country side beautiful women who prefered to live a free life rebelling against monopoly of religious cults and priests.most of them could survive upto teen ages as they (rebels) were burnt alive by cult practitioners .

Jayadev buddy, I beg to differ
This one line is fantastic "in charge of her own life".
I have got fantastic results by using this line on an angry girl[;)] and an another(not now) girl:biggrin:. Only one needs to know the correct way of using this line.
VERY TRUE AND EFFECTIVE!!

Thread Starter #6
Man..even I was also searching the answer for the same question since years..really.
And now I am even more horrified thinking how it will turn up, in other words 'where to fell'? At one side there is well and another is a cliff!!
hahahaha thats funny but a wise women knows what she need to do on their own & for what she should take suggestions.but finding wise women is a difficult thing.

*fall.

Nice story BTW. This advice will be useful for me after 10 years or so. [lol]
why after 10 years???are you just 10 years old??or will you use this with your daughter???

Guys such stories are not worth any moral. we are disrespecting our mothers,sisters,wives,friends and all the females.

Have you ever wondered both male and female come from same source?

These kind of fairy tales leave children in disdain towards females since childhood.

It could be true that of all kind of atrocities against women are born out these kind stories where women are considered mysterious and root of evil.

I have never seen any female living " in charge of her own life".

I pity on such fake ideals and fairy tales.

BTW,witches were not some ugly old ladies but country side beautiful women who prefered to live a free life rebelling against monopoly of religious cults and priests.most of them could survive upto teen ages as they (rebels) were burnt alive by cult practitioners .

Dear friend.
I agree this is a fairy tale.but it has a moral which is applicable in our society.not only in India but everywhere women need to be respected and they should be given this privilege.I dont think anything is wrong with this charge.Any female is not given freedom till now.but its time when people realize its important.adult girls can take their decision.though they should be taught what is right & what is wrong but everybody has the right to do what they want :)

Jayadev buddy, I beg to differ
This one line is fantastic "in charge of her own life".
I have got fantastic results by using this line on an angry girl[;)] and an another(not now) girl:biggrin:. Only one needs to know the correct way of using this line.
VERY TRUE AND EFFECTIVE!!
I agree friend.If one knows the correct way & time to use this life then this can seriously make things different.What all women desire for is that somebody is interested in knowing what she desires for..especially in Our country it is of great importance.

Last edited:
hahahaha thats funny but a wise women knows what she need to do on their own & for what she should take suggestions.but finding wise women is a difficult thing.

why after 10 years???are you just 10 years old??or will you use this with your daughter???

Dear friend.
I agree this is a fairy tale.but it has a moral which is applicable in our society.not only in India but everywhere women need to be respected and they should be given this privilege.I dont think anything is wrong with this charge.Any female is not given freedom till now.but its time when people realize its important.adult girls can take their decision.though they should be taught what is right & what is wrong but everybody has the right to do what they want :)

I agree friend.If one knows the correct way & time to use this life then this can seriously make things different.What all women desire for is that somebody is interested in knowing what she desires for..especially in Our country it is of great importance.
Sachin sharma +10000000 for your this line ,

What all women desire for is that somebody is interested in knowing what she desires for.

What all women desire for is that somebody is interested in knowing what she desires for.
Raja buddy, this line sounds very nice, really nice and hence already copy-pasted in a MS Word doc(I paste every good line I get):tongue:

Can you please elaborate this line for me as I am unable to get it completely. Please do it as it may help me a lot while making next attempts!![evil]

Raja buddy, this line sounds very nice, really nice and hence already copy-pasted in a MS Word doc(I paste every good line I get):tongue:

Can you please elaborate this line for me as I am unable to get it completely. Please do it as it may help me a lot while making next attempts!![evil]
The biggest thing what a women wants is that she should be understood . Her insecurities , dreams , desires , must be heard , understood and not judged but validated . Its not imp to make the desires true allways , but its imp for them some 1 cares for them and dosent judge them on basis of their desires .

Men are solution orientated when some friend tells us a problem we give solution and he is happy . With women its differnt she may need a solution but actually what she need is some 1 patiently listens to her , once she is sure that you listen with care she will allow you to give solutions also .

further a book will help you tremendously is " men are from mars women are from Venus " by John gray . [:)]

Now all this is only to have a good , effective 2 way communication with the opposite sex , if you think this stuff helps in flirting and all then iam sorry it can't or it may i don't know .

The biggest thing what a women wants is that she should be understood . Her insecurities , dreams , desires , must be heard , understood and not judged but validated . Its not imp to make the desires true allways , but its imp for them some 1 cares for them and dosent judge them on basis of their desires .
Raja buddy, you are GURUJI really.
Well, I guess here I fail if the above words are to be gone for. But still copy-pasted!!:tongue:

Men are solution orientated when some friend tells us a problem we give solution and he is happy . With women its differnt she may need a solution but actually what she need is some 1 patiently listens to her , once she is sure that you listen with care she will allow you to give solutions also .
It sounds like some very deep research..eh, it's getting complicated.

further a book will help you tremendously is " men are from mars women are from Venus " by John gray . [:)]
This one sounds readable as well as too much VFM too..abhi kharid ke laata hun(gonna buy it now itself)!!:stupid:

Now all this is only to have a good , effective 2 way communication with the opposite sex , if you think this stuff helps in flirting and all then iam sorry it can't or it may i don't know .
Truth being said, this stuff don't help at all and helps a lot too, depends on the way you use it and the selection of time. I am worse in both!!

Every human being wants only one thing -he should be understood,he/she needs a recognition.Immaterial of gender.

It is such silly that to understand another human being we need guidelines from somebody else. (Books are written and sold for money, most of them catch up the weakest part and gets you-to make you pay)

It is pathetic to see, either we put woman as sub-genus or project them as hyper-species .

Let us not be hypocrite,try to realize them as equal to male.

It is only due to male dominated chauvinist society which lead them to be suppressed and oppressed ,thus creating the division and all sort of irrational assumptions.
This age old suppression has made females (human being only) weakest physiologically as well as psychologically.
Our society tend to find pleasure out of their vulnerability (look at our movies and music channels).

It has been surprising , no women have ever fought a war , yet women have been blamed usually .

Every human being wants only one thing -he should be understood,he/she needs a recognition.Immaterial of gender.

It is such silly that to understand another human being we need guidelines from somebody else. (Books are written and sold for money, most of them catch up the weakest part and gets you-to make you pay)

It is pathetic to see, either we put woman as sub-genus or project them as hyper-species .

Let us not be hypocrite,try to realize them as equal to male.

It is only due to male dominated chauvinist society which lead them to be suppressed and oppressed ,thus creating the division and all sort of irrational assumptions.
This age old suppression has made females (human being only) weakest physiologically as well as psychologically.
Our society tend to find pleasure out of their vulnerability (look at our movies and music channels).

It has been surprising , no women have ever fought a war , yet women have been blamed usually .
Good to have your view .

your first sentence is a good idealistic text book sentence which is not allways applicable in real life because real life is not idealistic and not linear .

Please understand hormone setup is different in males and females which does effect the mental setup and hence the way we react . Men generally have testotorne levels which are linked to aggression , which women generally have very less compared to men . And their many other hormones in play which change the mental setup , hence the emotional responses , and wants of both the genders .

the differences between men and women, reflected in how their brains function. Much of the mystery can be dispelled when we understand that the male and female brain operate very differently from one another, and that our hormones dictate much of our behavior, both physically and emotionally.

Recent research has demonstrated, through MRI and PET scans of the brain, that men and women’s brains function very differently. For example, when processing emotions, far more areas of the brain were active and lit up on the screen in women’s brains than in men’s. The female brain has 15% more blood flow than the male brain with more neural pathways connecting different parts of the brain, simultaneously engaging parts if the brain that are not stimulated in men.

Men are more capable of spatial skills, including mechanical design, measurement, direction, abstraction and manipulation of physical objects, while women are more verbally skilled than men. The corpus callosum, a bundle of nerves connecting the right and left hemispheres of the brain, is 25% smaller in men, making it more difficult for men to make language out of their experience. In fact, studies show that men use about half the amount of words that women do. Women love to talk about their emotions, while for most men, talking about their emotions is often difficult and even stressful as evidenced by an increase in the stress hormone cortisol when engaged in this activity.

In women, the secretion by the hypothalamus of the hormones serotonin and oxytocin is greater than in men. Serotonin calms us down. Men tend to react to a perceived threat with a physical response, while women will try to talk themselves out of a stressful situation. Lower levels of serotonin and oxytocin in men also result in less acute hearing, affecting communication. Men also possess less aural neurons so loud noises don’t bother them as much as they do women.

Oxytocin is the bonding chemical. The higher the level of oxytocin, the more empathic and less aggressive the individual will be. Oxytocin also links the verbal centers in the brain and stimulates a nurturing response with others. Higher levels of oxytocin in women enable them to be good mothers and respond to the emotional needs of their spouse, children and friends.

Source

Men, Woman, and the Dance of Polarity

Not all are englighted like you to understand life , men , women . some need to read books to understand latest findings in the field of human mind research involving both men and women to understand what are the driving factors behind the emotional setups .

And no one is trying to be hypocrite here , rather we are actually saying they needed to be treated equal because both sexes have their pros and cons , which infact creates that attraction to each other to fulfill and expreince those qualities .

You are taking this topic to a social level problem which is a topic of separate thread you can put your thoughts very well here were they are apt and infact applicable .

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/member-s-lounge/8433-where-our-society-leading.html

Last edited:
And no one is trying to be hypocrite here , rather we are actually saying they needed to be treated equal because both sexes have their pros and cons , which infact creates that attraction to each other to fulfill and expreince those qualities .
I am left wondering how this objectivity came up- pros and cons ?????

@ Raja, I couldn't figure out whether you are, for or against this discrimination.

I put forward my 2 cents just because such stories dont bring smile on my face, call me a sadist if you wish to.
It is not that I could not get the sense of humor in it but our ignorance is pushing us into grave situation.

Beware of those scientific facts and doctrines they could mislead you to immeasurable agony. For so called comparison ,if you compare an urban living person against a country side man you may be surprised to see that both of them have dramatically different brain function.

Not all women are chatterbox.but I have found men are worst.period.

Regarding the verbal skill, 95 percent of poets and story writers world has seen are not women but men. even those reknowned lecturers ,philosophers are men not women.

I agree ,metabolically women are more active for a genuine reason.

Again I would emphasis on a fact that do not rely on those scientific facts and doctrines blindly. they could be biased towards religious or cultural fundamentals . There are many nations which are coming up with scientific reasoning why women should not go to school ,should be treated as slaves ,how women brought evil to mankind et al .
=====================

To put it in simple words, I am yet to see a medicine made on gender basis for same kind of disease ( in context to physiological/neurological difference brought by you )

My answer in bolds

I am left wondering how this objectivity came up- pros and cons ?????

@ Raja, I couldn't figure out whether you are, for or against this discrimination.

iam neutral I just liked one sentence what the OP posted iam not commenting on the story , vipul asked me what it meant , I just told him what it meant to me and suggested him a book .

I put forward my 2 cents just because such stories dont bring smile on my face, call me a sadist if you wish to.
It is not that I could not get the sense of humor in it but our ignorance is pushing us into grave situation.

and I put my 2 cents infront of vipul because he asked me a question which was actually not related to the story but the ops sentence from the post

Beware of those scientific facts and doctrines they could mislead you to immeasurable agony. For so called comparison ,if you compare an urban living person against a country side man you may be surprised to see that both of them have dramatically different brain function.
agreed what are you talking is exposure , which can influence perception ,but iam talking about primal instincts controlled by hormones in both the gender
Not all women are chatterbox.but I have found men are worst.period.

expections are allways there

Regarding the verbal skill, 95 percent of poets and story writers world has seen are not women but men. even those reknowned lecturers ,philosophers are men not women.
and in average walk of life how many people you found are poets and story writers ? Give me a average ratio not a philosophical answer .
I agree ,metabolically women are more active for a genuine reason.

Again I would emphasis on a fact that do not rely on those scientific facts and doctrines blindly. they could be biased towards religious or cultural fundamentals . There are many nations which are coming up with scientific reasoning why women should not go to school ,should be treated as slaves ,how women brought evil to mankind et al .

see iam not talking about social problems atall please understand iam just saying primal needs are differnt in both the genders which has been proved by science
=====================
Boss I think we are taking the ops thread to a serious note by hijacking it . Shall we open a new thread and discuss ?

Guys, no need to fight.
Take a deep sigh(like me), this thread is meant to be enjoyed.
Open your Dil and be ready to pay the restaurant bill, and how to reach restaurant?? Hehe, use the lines wrote above.

Top Bottom