Sunglasses For Driving

Thread Starter #1
How to choose sunglasses for driving purpose?
The ones I am using right now are giving me a headache after driving a short distance.
But i am able to drive without a headache with out them.
But then the glare of the sun burns my eyes.
Please help as this problem arose after the sun films were banned.

Re: Sunglasses while driving

Purchase a good brand like Marco Polo/Ray ban/ Aviator/Police with Polaroid glass that can avoid glares and cut off UV Rays.

Re: Sunglasses while driving

I prefer Ray Ban Wayfarers while driving and also there is good visibility of the road.

How to choose sunglasses for driving purpose?
The ones I am using right now are giving me a headache after driving a short distance.
But i am able to drive without a headache with out them.
But then the glare of the sun burns my eyes.
Please help as this problem arose after the sun films were banned.
Go to any reputed eye care clinic and check with the doctor and order for anti glare glasses.

I had a pair of glasses from polaroid.
you hear it right there is company called polaroid who provide polarized(probable patent is with them) glasses much VFM compare to others.
I prefer to use them in night [:D] (to avoid on coming vehicle head lights glare)as i dont have problem driving day time with out glasses.
In one word its a bliss

I had a pair of glasses from polaroid.
you hear it right there is company called polaroid who provide polarized(probable patent is with them) glasses much VFM compare to others.
I prefer to use them in night [:D] (to avoid on coming vehicle head lights glare)as i dont have problem driving day time with out glasses.
In one word its a bliss
Plain glasses or Cooled Glasses?. as driving night is a big problem due to upcoming Trucks [frustration] who dont care about dimming their lights.

Last edited:
Any company Polaroid glasses, degree of black in glasses as suit to you. Dark shade if majority driving is daytime (avoid glares & dashboard image in windshield) or light shade or plain if majority is night driving (avoid glare from opposite vehicle headlights). If headache persists with another pair of glasses, consult Opthalmologist.

Last edited:
Polaroid glasses are good and they are just as effective as rayban. If you are a brand freak they go for rayban which would cost minimum 10 times more that these polariod ones. Buy 2, shades for day time and transparent for night with antiglare feature. I also want to know which is the best transparent antiglare glass for night?

Plain glasses or Cooled Glasses?. as driving night is a big problem due to upcoming Trucks [frustration] who dont care about dimming their lights.
it looks almost as shown below, may be mine is same one not sure i forgot model number
it costed me 3800/-
P4039A - Sunglasses | Polaroid Eyewear
p4039_a4xhe.jpg

it serve dual purpose and it being categorized as premium driving glasses

Last edited:
When buying Polaroid glasses for driving avoid the black colour ones,go for the brown shade which are meant for driving,i made a mistake of buying the black ones & the windshield of other cars sometimes look like rainbows & sometimes you cant see through the clear glass of the car in front!
I did alot of goggling later & polarized glasses let you see more no doubt,as for night driving the yellow driving glasses they say fool the eyes into thinking you can see better.

Yes, go for Polarized glasses.[glasses]
I brought one from lenskart.

When buying Polaroid glasses for driving avoid the black colour ones,go for the brown shade which are meant for driving,i made a mistake of buying the black ones & the windshield of other cars sometimes look like rainbows & sometimes you cant see through the clear glass of the car in front!
I did alot of goggling later & polarized glasses let you see more no doubt,as for night driving the yellow driving glasses they say fool the eyes into thinking you can see better.
No Prads, mine is of light brown shade. Me too encounter such rounded rainbows on some cars windshields. Luckily no problems with my windshields[:)] And it does a very good job in the case of removing the glare.

Polaroid glasses are good and they are just as effective as rayban. If you are a brand freak they go for rayban which would cost minimum 10 times more that these polariod ones. Buy 2, shades for day time and transparent for night with antiglare feature. I also want to know which is the best transparent antiglare glass for night?
Polaroid is quality of glass. Even Rayban sales polaroid glasses. (which I have [:D]).

First thing. If you're gonna buy online. Never buy any sunglasses from ebay lol.
90% sunglasses on ebay are fake/duplicate. From my own experience.

Last edited:
Sun glasses and buying online. am not understand, how you will check the size and how it looks like when you wear it. Personally i would buy one in any branded shop near by in person.

My personal suggestion never ever buy sun glasses online.
go to showroom and try out choose comfortable one
its an one time investment and wrong one will make you to throw your investment to dustbin.

Top Bottom