Fraudulent Job Mails – Do People Still Fall For Them?

Thread Starter #1
I got this mail today in the name of TCS. I know this is fraud mail and I want to know is there are people still believe this kind of mails?

people still belive it.jpg

Re: Still people belive such things?

There are many who falls for such mails. Scammers are increasing day by day, finding different means to earn easy money. [frustration][anger]

Once a friend of mine got a similar mail for an offer from L&T (if I remember correctly), which had digital signatures below and mobile number of the concerned HR personnel provided too. I knew it was genuine fraud case and made a call to the mobile number mentioned. To my shock the person picked up! To gain knowledge as much as I can about this fraud, I started talking to him as if I was interested in the job. This guy had good communication and convincing skills. At last I asked him why are you charging money before the interview- he hung up abruptly!

I was shocked to experience such a planned fraud and I immediately shot a mail to L&T through their website. Couple of days later, received a reply from their HR team that they are aware of such fraud already and the involved people are being hunt for.

Beware! is all I can say to those looking for jobs..

Thread Starter #4

After joining Ashok leyland, i got a mail like that and we had discussed about the same with my ISMS team also. Actually we can not stop this nonsense. People have to cautioned and alarmed about such things.

The funniest part is, even after reading lot of news about this fraud, there are people become prey this people.

I think that is the strategy of this people. If they send for 100 mail ids minimum 2 or 3 persons will get clicked for them.

an employer asks you to pay money so that they can hire you. [surprise]
a No brainer for me.
If you fall prey to those mails, then it is an indication that you do not deserve that job in the first place :tongue:

This was a kind of well planned fraud started in early 2000. If you carefully observe the email the sender will have email like XXXWipro@gmail.com etc.

I also received such email and I always mark it as junk.

Many of the company recruitment email has message in bold mentioning that WE DONT CHARGE ANYTHING FOR RECRUITMENT etc etc.

I guess, when I was in Wipro, we got a mass email from HR to report any fraud in name of WIPRO if we come across.

First of all, check the domain of the email,

it should like xxxx@wipro.com or xxxx@tInfotech.com. and if it is not that, then mark it junk or don't pay heed to it.

But I have also seen scam mails from people with domain looking similar to this.

for eg. xxxxxx@[B]ltInfotek[/B].com instead of xxxx@[B]ltInfotech[/B].com, and people fell prey to this.

So thumb rule is, if any one is asking you to pay money, delete the mail.[:D][clap]

350Z

Core Team

So thumb rule is, if any one is asking you to pay money, delete the mail.
Or even vice versa. I have won various lotteries too and once a BMW X6 from U.K. :biggrin: Don’t fall for such job selection mails if you never applied for them at first place.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Fraudulent Job Mails – Do People Still Fall For Them?

People who fall for such fraudulent mails, probably lack stamina to perform. [lol]
Only hard work bears fruit.

Top Bottom