Spotted a Foreigner Capturing Pics of Indian Cars

Thread Starter #1
Today I was at MGF Mall at gurgaon. I left for the car parking at around 8 Pm. When I came out of the lift lobby, I noticed a foreigner taking pictures a white Skoda Laura Tsi ambiente. I thought that he is a car freak like me and is taking pictures of his own car. But after taking many snaps, he stopped and started taking pics of a Swift(Blue VXi Old).
Then a santro arrived(Black Gls) and he sat and left. I found it weird so I am sharing this.[surprise]

Thread Starter #3
Re: Something weird happened Today

The laura is :p. But I am worried if he took pics of my car

Dude to the best of my knowledge, Skoda is not sold stateside. Are you sure Skoda Laura is sold there? Wasn't the case until 2009 cause I was there until then....

Regardless, on a different note - we live in an age of CCTVs, camera phones, and youtube. You can't really be bothered if someone takes pics of your car. Statistically, I would imagine 5 entities recording a still/video image of your vehicle every day on average whenever you go to work, shopping, your apartment complex maybe, toll bridges etc. The list goes on.

Thread Starter #6

Dude to the best of my knowledge, Skoda is not sold stateside. Are you sure Skoda Laura is sold there? Wasn't the case until 2009 cause I was there until then....
Ahh no skoda is not sold stateside. But a cousin spotted octavia there. [confused]

Maybe as a rebadged Volks? Check out the VW USA site (don't you looove the sites these car cos. make for their US audience?) and see if you spot Octavia under a psuedonym.

Thread Starter #8
I checked out skodas site but there is no mention of states there. What a screw up of a thread. [lol]

Thread Starter #10
Actually Im not sure if he took pics of my car. When I came he was just staring it with phone in his hand. I just observed quietly assuming he loves cars. Then he started taking pics of the laura. I went to my car then and sat observing him. He than saw me inside the car but did not stop taking pictures. Then a santro pulled in and he just sat into it and left. What made me suspicious was his body language. He was in a hurry and literally ran towards the santro.

Actually Im not sure if he took pics of my car. When I came he was just staring it with phone in his hand. I just observed quietly assuming he loves cars. Then he started taking pics of the laura. I went to my car then and sat observing him. He than saw me inside the car but did not stop taking pictures. Then a santro pulled in and he just sat into it and left. What made me suspicious was his body language. He was in a hurry and literally ran towards the santro.
You should have captured pics of that foreigner. We could then have a thread -

Foreigner capturing pics of Indian cars & Indian capturing pics of foreigner. [lol]

Top Bottom