How To Get Back Seized Bike From Police Station?

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

My BIL as usual did some carelessness by parking the bike in from of a shop in MS Ramaiah Nagar in Bangalore and police has seized his bike and now refusing to handover unless he shows original RC book.

Police has asked him to come by 11 AM tomorrow with original docs.

I am having his original doc, please suggest what negotiation has to be done.

The only problem I see is that Police has made duplicate key and he drove the bike to Police Station.

Are we suppose to change all the locks, if yes how much it will cost of Karizma ZMR.

yeah, what a way to celebrate Diwali :(

Thanks,
Alok

Re: How to get back the Bike from Police Station

Sorry to hear about that buddy.

See the first option is, if you know someone (noramlly called as Source) then talk to that guy and he can call the police station and talk to the incharge there and things can be really smooth.

Other option is just go with the RC and original docs and pay whatever they ask (Yes you can bargain with them on that) and get the bike back

Unfortunately yes you will have to get the lock change just to be on a safer side.

Ad!tya

Suspended

Very sad to hear about the issue.
Anyways, you can try the first option as suggested by Singh.
And, If the police has made a duplicate key, then you can ask them to give the key back to you instead of changing the lock.

Aditya.

Thread Starter #4

Thanks Guys, we got the bike back by paying Rs400 as fine but the fine has no receipt.

Hi All,

The only problem I see is that Police has made duplicate key and he drove the bike to Police Station.

Alok
Hey Alok i don't think Police have made any duplicate key . As its time consuming processes , plus I don't think Police has right to make duplicate key of Any vehicle or other types of Private Property unless it is ordered by Courts. Generally they just tow away our bike and once you show them all papers authorities will release your vehicle by charging you towing fees + fine .

Ad!tya

Suspended

Yes, I also don't think that police would have made duplicate keys. Are you sure? Have you seen them riding your bike?

Thread Starter #7
Yes,they didn't tow the bike rather called a key maker.this is what the shop owner told to my brother.
Now we got the bike back and will replace the locks.

Just Curious to whether they were traffic police or civil police. I do not think civil police has the right to seize a vehicle from no parking zone. They can seize if the bike is involved in any accident or crime.

Thread Starter #9
It was Civil Police, they have seized the bike on complain of shop owner as the bike was parked from evening till next day noon. So he called the Police and he took the bike by riding itself.In evening when my BIL was looking for the bike and he inquired from shop owner if he witnessed any towing guy as his bike is missing. Then the shop owner told that he himself called Police as he thought it's a unknown bike parked there for 24 hours.
He asked him to go to Yesvantpur Police station.

When my BIL went to Police station the in-charge over there asked for original documents. Since original document was with me kept safe in home I had to go in the morning. We got some scolding and got the bike back.

The good thing was that Police was sensible enough to keep the bike in a room inside which was very safe and there was not even any slight dent or scratch not even dust.

I was really worried as ZMR is having full fairing and prone to get damaged if not handled well. Last week only we paid Rs5500 on his bike for replacement of left fairing, handle bars and few other parts as he fell down by sudden braking.

I think you can take action against the cops for doing that since it is illegal to make duplicate keys and take the vehicle without the permission of the owner. Even if they wanted to move the vehicle from there they could have called the traffic cops for assistance. I would still suggest you to go ahead and collect the duplicate key instead of changing the locks completely.

Top Bottom