Free From Slavery - Finally I Quit Smoking

Re: Free from slavery - finally I quit smoking

Smoking since 15??? Wow man must be really hard to quit,I am hoping its not a cig like Navy cut cos i hear those cigs mean good bye in the cancer section,but i am guessing your cig was king brand?Did notice they smoke alot of those! Well eager to know about your experience as i have alot of troubled friends(who want to quit) when it comes to smoking!

@Raja,

I am really delighted to know this from you and appreciate you for your frankness in starting a thread with this. I am just behind you and will do it very soon, but I am limited to half pack at the moment and tried twice to stop it with the method of some hanuman deeksha for 20 to 41 days, but some how missed it again. But this time I have come to know where I did a mistake and ensure such things do not repeat again and will come out successfully.

I would like to know from you about the method you followed and also on the withdrawal symptoms and how you are tackling with them[:)]

That's a good news for all. 15 years old and smoking is something unusual and then to quit is really remarkable[clap]. Do hold on to this and do not get overwhelmed by seeing a smoker puffing away to glory. cheers

CONGRATULATIONS for quitting SMOKING.[:D]

A very good move on your part [:D]

Hey man. That's great news from your side. Happy to see you without cig in your hand next time. [clap]

Goody good. Amazing thing.

Do consult one doc for overall fitness. Don't think I am Frightening, There are always after effects!!! [lol]

Goody good. Amazing thing.

Do consult one doc for overall fitness. Don't think I am Frightening, There are always after effects!!! [lol]
Marun

Agree with you on this, but the after effects are depending on the number of cigarettes you smoke and number of years you are habituated. But they are not really tough to handle and week by week things will become really get better

zengetz

Suspended

Hey ! Glad to know we in the same boat @Raja. Its my 25th day after going cold turkey and life feels a lot good now!

Around 8-9 Years, A a pack a day and finally had enough close to 4 weeks back and went the cold turkey approach. I had tried several times with the reduced approach but it never works.

The first 72 hours of refraining smoking is very crucial. Once you pass these 3 days you develop more resistance against the cravings. I cut off the places I frequented where I indulged, office 'tea breaks', heavy lunch and all other pre-smoke stuff I did.

But seriously it feels so healthy after kicking the butt!

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

wow that's great [:)] well i have decided from the beginning i'll never smoke.

also i helped my dad to quit smoke. well i used to throw away all the cigarettes if i found a pack and if i saw my dad smoking i did the same and after some time he completely stopped [:)] but yeah one should have strong will power to quit and i hope you are one of them [;)]

I used to smoke 10-15 cig a day and smoked nearly for 10 years,started just after schooling.
I quit heavy smoking around 11 years back, but continued smoking occasionally(1-2 cig in a 3-4 month). However during the last 7 years I have not smoked even a single puff.

All of the credit goes to my strong will.

Congrats raja for taking this great step.
Our life is important not only for ourself but for our close ones too,live and let live everyone around you.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13

@ all

Thanx for the encouraging words and wishes .

In 2003 march 16 I left drinking alcohol of all type and form and that too was a cold turkey style qutting .

But smoking was something I dint ever try or thought leaving .

But later smoking became so important that I became compete dependent on it , and off lately for past some years I smoked 2 packets a day and at times 3 too .

My sis - in- law send a book to my wife to I could read it 2 years before , and practically everyday my wife requested me to read it and I avoided it .

Finally on 27 sept I read the book and smoked the last cigg and then never looked back .

The name of the book is " Alan caar way of stop smoking easy way "

Simple fun to read book which will make you understand how smoking is the most foolish thing you indulge in .

For example I used to spend 18o rs everyday on smoking so per month it's 180x30= 5400 rs saved
And in a year its 5400x12=64,800 rs.
It's actually a down payment money of a hatchback .

Not to mention the enormous health benefits you gain after quitting .

If anybody is really interested in reading this book and wants to quit smoking and is unable to do so please PM your email add I will email you the book .

Beside that all ex-smokers can narrate their expreinces here on this thread Which can be a inspiration for guys who wish to quit smoking .

Congrats Raja, for taking the decision of quitting smoking. Hope you never start smoking again.

Wonderful thread raja and amazing work, i completely understand how difficult it is for one to quit smoking as i am repeatedly failing in my endeavor to quit smoking from past one year,i have PM you my email details please email me the book.

Thanks in advance

Top Bottom