Secure Door Lock or Anti Theft Alarm

Thread Starter #1
Dear Friends,

The last week there was a theft reported in our society where some insider had intruded in a flat which is on 4th floor. The thief came through duct and broken the kitchen utility door.

The latch provided by builder was very normal thats why it helped the thief.

Kindly suggest some good locks and safety alarm which can scare the thief with high decibel sound.

Any better idea to secure all the doors of balcony and utility as well as main door.

Please also suggest good electronic number operated safe to secure all the valuable.

Thanks,
Alok

Plenty of details. Here is what we have -

I have the smart card/biometric access to the door. There is grill for windows for entire building, including utility area of kitchen. I suggest you to use Godrej i-secure locks. We have the same & best part is they being magnetic, can be reprogrammed using master key. Really good & comes with integral night latch also & over-ride function. Some details -

http://www.godrejlocks.com/godrej/godrejlocks/Pdf/i_secure_Catalogue.pdf

Apart from this, haven't done anything major as entire society has 3 tier security, first watchmen, then biometric access (thumb-impression) & then access to lobby door by smart magnetic RF card (looks like credit card), so one resident can't enter other building & finally your apartment.

But what matters is strength of door frame & hinges too. Check those out.
Replace locks, put grills to windows & safety door for terrace door, was a must for us as they are of complete glass.

And safe, I won't recommend electronic safe. Best opt for regular 2/3 key lock safe. Godrej is good at it.

I have details of Godrej distributors, lock person & even good security service/showroom . If you are willing to come to Pune, I will give you all details.
Btw, installing home security system is a must, cost 20-25k, including multiple sensors. Add couple of bucks more & you get gas leak detectors too.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks S Class. I have bought today evening Godrej lock worth 2400 as one additional lock. Yes we have secured the balcony with Safety collapsible grill as well as putting extra locks to all the door balcony.

Thanks once again for the valuable suggestion. When safety comes we always browse for Godrej :)

Thanks S Class. I have bought today evening Godrej lock worth 2400 as one additional lock. Yes we have secured the balcony with Safety collapsible grill as well as putting extra locks to all the door balcony.

Thanks once again for the valuable suggestion. When safety comes we always browse for Godrej :)
Welcome man. And check door hinges too. The builders do chindhi-giri to save costs[anger]. Even our builder saved cost in door frames & hinges.
If hinges are less than required or smaller, get those replaced. They may cost hardly 500 bucks, but make big difference.

BTW, have additional lock (forgot name) but is located at end of the door, one at top & other at bottom. Is useful when house is kept locked for days or more.

If you are going for security systems get eureka forbes. They include motion sensors, door sensors, camera, gas leakage sensors etc.. I have one and its very good. And for locker go for godrej

How is after sales service ?
ASS is also good, but you will not have any problems with the system unless anyone tampers with it . You can call them for a check-up anytime. Also includes battery back-up in case the thief cuts off power supply. It is not possible to disable the alarm after it is gone off because it is wireless( so thief cannot cut wires) [clap]. They give you a call in your mobile is any of the sensors have been moved or the alarm is on.

ASS is also good, but you will not have any problems with the system unless anyone tampers with it . You can call them for a check-up anytime. Also includes battery back-up in case the thief cuts off power supply. It is not possible to disable the alarm after it is gone off because it is wireless( so thief cannot cut wires). They give you a call in your mobile is any of the sensors have been moved or the alarm is on.
After reading in BOLD, I was [lol].
How much did it cost & how many sensors ? You got gas leak detector in it too ?

After reading in BOLD, I was [lol].
How much did it cost & how many sensors ? You got gas leak detector in it too ?
Mine costed about 20k. number of sensors depends on how many rooms you have in your house. Gas leak detector, smoke sensor and video door phones are available in higher models. It can be customised according to whatever you wish to keep in your house. I recommend keeping door sensors, motion sensors and gas leak sensor. Keep cameras also if the house is big. video door phone and smoke detector is not needed. Has a key like car security for arming and panic button.

I have kept:

2 motion sensors
4 door sensors

I am planning to install camera and gas leak detector also.

It is called EUROVIGIL
http://www.eurekaforbes.com/security-systems/hw-200.aspx

Last edited:
Mine costed about 20k. number of sensors depends on how many rooms you have in your house. Gas leak detector, smoke sensor and video door phones are available in higher models. It can be customised according to whatever you wish to keep in your house. I recommend keeping door sensors, motion sensors and gas leak sensor. Keep cameras also if the house is big. video door phone and smoke detector is not needed. Has a key like car security for arming and panic button.

I have kept:

2 motion sensors
4 door sensors

I am planning to install camera and gas leak detector also.

It is called EUROVIGIL
Eureka Forbes HW 200 Security System Online
Thank you for the info buddy.
Though builder has given many security features standard, including 2-3 tier security for entire complex, I think it is always better to opt for individual security systems too. I will look into it. Thanks once again buddy. [:)]

Hi S Class,
I think this is not true as i have used this system for 1 year+ and have not had any problems like false alarm and resetting. And regarding their service: I bought this system by reading all the reviews and specs in the net. Didn't have any demo or trial before buying. After ordering the item it was delivered in 3 days itself. Installation was also very easy and got all the alarms tested. Before ordering they had asked me how many rooms etc .. I had in my house. Final price will also be told at that time. In the first review at mouthshut.com a sensor costs Rs:5000 [lol]

Last edited:

Top Bottom