Beware! Fake Formula 1 Car Care Products in India

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
A few days ago I bought a Formula 1 Car Shampoo and Dashboard Polish considering that it was genuine but little did I knew that the bottle of shampoo for which I am paying 200 bucks is a duplicate and I was duped. I realized it only next day when I opened up the bottle and found that it was not sealed. My suspicious increased and I thought to perform a quick search on the net. In no time, my suspicion turned into reality. How I found that the F1 Car Shampoo bottle was not genuine?

> No Seal: The “Wash & Wax” bottle didn't have a seal on its cap. I haven't seen the original bottle though, but I’m quite sure that it comes packed with some seal.

> No Foam: Opposite to what I have read about the F1 Shampoo, the fake one doesn’t make much foam after dissolving with water. It’s just a simple soapy liquid.

> No Importer’s Label: The bottle doesn’t have any sticker or label of the importer, though, the other product (Dashboard Polish) that I bought has it.

There might be more minute differences to distinguish between original and fake. Please feel free to add more details if someone else has experienced the same earlier.

DSC08026.JPG

DSC08031.JPG

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Beware: Fake Formula 1 Car Care Products in India

^^Hehe,nothing new at all.
Its not for no reason I(not literally,my chauffy buys this only) have been buying only Amway car wash for last three years.
Catch any Amway agent or outlet and you can get it there and that also GENUINE!!

Exactly like mine. Keep on adding , and there is no foam. Had the counterfeiters made the product make foam as well, we would have never ever known its a fake.
What I bought even has a importers label!! The bottle wasn't sealed though.

Vibhor,

Posting the pictures of Formula1 Carnauba wash & wax and protectant which I bought.

Wash and wax colour is yellow whereas in yours its green.

There is a difference in Manufacturer address and a Made in USA stamp is also seen in the bottles.

Importer's sticker is not available in wash & wax but its there in protectant.

Don't remember about the seal.

DSC02169a.jpg

DSC02170a.jpg

DSC02171a.jpg

DSC02174a.jpg

DSC02176a.jpg

Thread Starter #5

350Z

Core Team

Posting the pictures of Formula1 Carnauba wash & wax and protectant which I bought.
Thanks for sharing some useful pointers on the both the products, autosafari. It would help us to avoid getting duped next time. I checked out a few shops at various places and it seems that most of them keep fake Formula 1 car care products. Any info on a reliable place from where one can source an ‘original’ F1 Product?

Drive Safe,
350Z

I am using Amway shampoo since a decade on my Zen and now on Hawk.
Buy such products from a reputed shops such as Hyper city, I have seen hologram of formula one.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

350z if possible you can go to ambience mall and get the products from reliance auto. i'm not sure if you'll get original or fake but it's worth a try.

i have been to that store and they offer lots of products.

and yeah i went to kashmiri gate yesterday and saw same green colored shampoo. also , you don't have that USA marking on your shampoo.

i don't know if my wax is original or not , but yeah this works good.

DSC_0671.jpg

DSC_0673.jpg

DSC_0674.jpg

also i was in the same dilemma whether or not to but formula 1 shampoo , so i bought this instead. it was a new product , just launched in june so though of giving it a try. it was for 90 rupees.

haven't used it yet but will update if it works good.

DSC_0675.jpg

DSC_0677.jpg

Last edited:

I am using Amway shampoo since a decade on my Zen and now on Hawk.
Buy such products from a reputed shops such as Hyper city, I have seen hologram of formula one.
Its really nice to see one more person using same product as I do.
Well,Mukesh buddy,I am quite sure you are also satisfied with the Amway car wash or Amway car shampoo.
As we say in Hindi "Pratyaksha hi pramaan hai(what is visible in front of eyes is a proof in itself)".And I find my 35000 kms old workhorse a good example for it,else how many cars gleam like this one with 35k kms on odo and a careless driver like me who has not even once cleaned it till date:-
2.JPG

Dude even I use Formula 1 & Amway products and I feel almost all the products of Formula 1 available in the market are fake and made in India only. Though the results are very good but still I feel the original can give me a better look.

I have seen and heard that almost all the good brands like Honda, Toyota and Maruti use 3M or wruth products.

Does anybody knows where can I find original 3M Products in the market near west delhi except the dealerships because I know they are totally made in India and are the best available product.

Ill be washing my car tomorrow as well with the same formula 1 and amway products (both interior and exterior) so will post some more pics as well. after the wash and before the wash.
by the way its a 2007 Civic VMT. :P

Anshul

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #10

350Z

Core Team

350z if possible you can go to ambience mall and get the products from reliance auto. i'm not sure if you'll get original or fake but it's worth a try.
Do they also keep Amway Car Care Products?

i don't know if my wax is original or not , but yeah this works good.
Not sure whether it’s fake or not but it has tag of the same importer which is on my bottle of F1 dashboard polish.

Well,Mukesh buddy,I am quite sure you are also satisfied with the Amway car wash or Amway car shampoo. And I find my 35000 kms old workhorse a good example for it,else how many cars gleam like this one with 35k kms on odo and a careless driver like me who has not even once cleaned it till date
I'm impressed. Is it purely due to Amway? The results seem to be commendable.

Ill be washing my car tomorrow as well with the same formula 1 and amway products (both interior and exterior) so will post some more pics as well..after the wash and before the wash. by the way its a 2007 Civic VMT :P
I look forward to those pictures soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Do they also keep Amway Car Care Products?
I think now a days Amway products are available at all leading stores,at least from the time Amway has started selling its products in open market.

I'm impressed. Is it purely due to Amway? The results seem to be commendable.
Is it purely due to Amway?I'd say at least 50% of it is due to Amway.
My car is washed once or twice a week when it is here.I just give her some showers only when I feel like its too dirty.BTW,I like driving dirty cars:tongue:
Rest its given a thorough wash by chauffy whenever he is available for about 1 hour and at the end its gleaming like new after every wash.
I have been using Amway only and soon my Laura is going to touch one lac kms,then I'll share a complete 1 lac kms ownership experience,I am sure that car will also surprise you.

Mukesh is also using Amway products and I think he washes himself,so he can give far far better idea than me.

I think now a days Amway products are available at all leading stores,at least from the time Amway has started selling its products in open market.

Is it purely due to Amway?I'd say at least 50% of it is due to Amway.
My car is washed once or twice a week when it is here.I just give her some showers only when I feel like its too dirty.BTW,I like driving dirty cars:tongue:
Rest its given a thorough wash by chauffy whenever he is available for about 1 hour and at the end its gleaming like new after every wash.
I have been using Amway only and soon my Laura is going to touch one lac kms,then I'll share a complete 1 lac kms ownership experience,I am sure that car will also surprise you.

Mukesh is also using Amway products and I think he washes himself,so he can give far far better idea than me.

Amway is not available for direct selling i guess.
Its available only through agents selling them personally.
My mom purchases one for me through her friend.
Believe me the color of bottle and sticker has been consistent till now, and no changes since a decade.

It took only 2 and half cap for my hawk to clean from a full fledged dirty car, which i had not cleaned since 15 days, was cleaned by me last week.

Again after the rains back to square one, every week it demands cleaning.
photo 1.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG

photo 2.JPG

Pics Courtesy: Iphone 4S.

Last edited:

So got these a couple of days back and bumped up into this thread today. Any idea of me being fooled?[roll]

Formula 1 Carnauba Wax:
2012-08-27 19.39.06.jpg
2012-08-27 19.39.43.jpg
2012-08-27 19.39.57.jpg
2012-08-27 19.40.25.jpg

And brought this dashboard polish:
2012-08-27 19.40.42.jpg

2012-08-27 19.41.01.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom