Auto Rickshaw Scratched on Front Bumper

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys
Today I also became the victim of pune autorickshaw drivers. One of the Guys scratched his auto with my front bumper (right side) and now i have scratches on it [cry]
Please let me know what to do?
Do i need to do painting or replace the complete bumper.
And also any reference of any shops in pune which will do the work?

Thanks Guys

Thread Starter #3
Re: Need Advice on what to do with these scratches

Hi
I am trying but the image is 2.8 MB and it cant be uploaded to this site

Thanks

Thread Starter #4

Hi Guys
Finally here is the image

ank1ux.jpg

Do let me know your suggestions.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team

Hi GuysToday I also became the victim of pune autorickshaw drivers. One of the Guys scratched his auto with my front bumper (right side) and now i have scratches on it
Sad to hear that. Reckless auto drivers and two wheelers are always a major hazard on roads.

I am trying but the image is 2.8 MB and it cant be uploaded to this site
An image will be helpful for us to assist better. You can resize it less than 1000x1000 Pixels. Here’s more on it: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/announcements/18-how-add-pictures-videos-posts.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Auto Scratched on Front Bumper. Now What?

Those scratches can be easily removed using a rubbing compound. I have been using Formula 1 scratch out for the purpose and it is serving me efficiently till date. I have been a victim of bike scratching my bumper a few times.

Thread Starter #8

Hi Guys
So I should purchase a scratch remover.
Anyone recommended?
There is also a deep scratch and I think scratch remover wont help.
Do you guys know any good painting shop in pune?

Thanks

Hi Guys
So I should purchase a scratch remover.
Anyone recommended?
There is also a deep scratch and I think scratch remover wont help.
Do you guys know any good painting shop in pune?

Thanks
Why go any other painting shop than the authorized workshops? If you really feel you need some parts repainted, go for the authorized workshop. Ford does not charge very high costs for painting. For example Figo front bumper painting is done in 1800/- odd rupees last year!

For partial painting of Front bumper the same workshop charged 1000/- odd rupees two months ago!

Moreover, the color pigment used by the authorized workshop will match 100% to your car color. I can not say that for any other shops.

I would suggest being extra cautious when it comes to the color of car. To top it all your car seems to be "Sea Gray" which would be hard to match and easy to spot if there is slightest of difference in the pigment.

For scratch remover: You can refer the web site mentioned earlier. Also as Akash said Formula 1 is good and experienced by him.

Last edited:
Re: Auto Rickshaw Scratched on Front Bumper. Now What?

The base coat has peeled. This wont go with a rubbing compund & dont even think of a Scratch remover.

You will have to get the full bumper painted.

Thread Starter #11
Re: Auto Rickshaw Scratched on Front Bumper. Help!

Thanks Guys for all the suggestions. I will go to the ford service center and enquire about partial painting of the front bumper.

thanks

Buddy, the scratches have gone beyond the clear coat and chipped the paint of the bumper. No rubbing or a scratch remover can fill these up thought can reduce upto an extent only. The only way to vanish them is getting the bumper painted. A cheaper DIY is to get a spray paint can on the same color and apply a couple of coats. Let is dry and them smoothen it with 2000 grit sandpaper. Then apply a one coat of clearcoat. Rub again with 2000 grit paper very very gently.

freakdude.

Thanks Guys for all the suggestions. I will go to the ford service center and enquire about partial painting of the front bumper.

thanks
Ford service centre or for that matter any reputed painter wont paint half of the bumper as it will clearly show a mismatch in the new & old (faded) paint. They will only paint the full bumper.

Thread Starter #14

Has anyone done that before I mean Painted the full bumper and how much does it cost?

@Bigdaddy:
Buddy this is same as I have experienced some days back,have a look at the pic:

yLjEW.jpg

It was a Swift driver who overtook my car and hit its front bumper.
So haven't you taught any lesson to the auto rickshaw driver?If yes,then great.If I'd been at your place I'd have slapped the hell out of him.

About repairs:As already mentioned by Raj,no one will paint the half bumper,nor its advisable to get the half bumper painted as it will make it look very much pathetic due to mismatch.Instead take your time and one free day go to the Ford A.S.S. or any good painter and get the job done.

Top Bottom