How To Remove Cement Dust from Car Exterior?

Thread Starter #1
hi
please help me to remove cement dust from my 2 month old punto. i parked it near a cement shop for 10 mints. when i returned the bonnet is white in color with dust

Re: how to remove cement dust from car exterior

not sure if i understand the depth of the problem, is it somethin that could be just blown with air compressor ? a pic might help in suggesting the solution

Last edited by a moderator:
Get them removed asap, Use consistent flow of water hoze if required and use a soft cloth.

My swift once got cement particles all over while I was going to office and crossing a under construction flyover in Delhi, somehow I could not notice it that time and when I checked in the evening it was all set. I went to a nearby mechanic who sprayed liquid which they use to put sunfilms and wiped all affected areas with a blade, yes with a blade. That was a big mistake, my new swift got blade scratch marks on all panels :(

Thread Starter #5
Hi
Thanks for the reply. I will use blower of Vacuum cleaner to remove the dust and will then wash with a shampoo. In some forum i saw the advise to use vinegar to remove the cement that was already set. I think in my case also it will set as it happened in morning as i parked the vehicle for upholstery works. There was a cement shop near the upholstery shop and i immediately covered the vehicle when i saw the dust settling on the car. But by that time bonnet was almost covered with dust

Wipe it down with a duster and then rinse the remains with a steady stream of water. Wipe it dry completely with a dry cloth to avoid remnants of cement-water mixture. Check at places like under the bonnet for any such remnants and follow the same wipe-rinse-and-dry schedule.

You are referring to cement dust right? Dust can be removed by dusting with a cloth and also washing it immediately. If you are referring to concrete and it has dried up then it's a bit difficult. I suggest you go to a detailing professional so that you don't damage your paint.

Thread Starter #8
Hi
Thanks for the comments
I first used the blower , and then sprayed with vinegar. After some 10 mints i used the formula1 to wash the car. The entire dust had gone and car looked brand new(some swirl marks are there ).

@cooldhaya. It was the cement dust not concrete

Windshield and Bonnet Damaged due to Cement , now what?

My windshield and bonnet is partially damaged with 'cement water'
Very thin coat of cement water. (please don't ask me how this happened)
I am not able to remove it , please help, how can I remove that? [frustration]

Thread Starter #11
Can you please post some pics. It will be helpful to understand the problem in a bit detail. Spray some white vinegar on the concrete and after some time wash with water.

i had similar problem some time back when i visited a under construction building to see flat. things got dirty when watchmen tried water to clean it. Just use orange color soft cloth for it (DRY).. n go at a speed of 80+ on highway.. problem solved

Thread Starter #14
Cement and plaster are alkaline compounds. They are easily removed from clothes, woodwork, your body and cars using distilled white vinegar (a mild acid).

Simply soak a sponge with the vinegar and lay it on the cement spots for a few seconds. This will loosen the cement so it can be hosed away. It may take a couple applications to remove the cement from the car. Whatever you do, don’t try to wipe the cement off with the sponge, as this will scratch the paint.

Thanks a lot
distilled white vinegar (a mild acid).
Where can I get this?
Simply soak a sponge with the vinegar and lay it on the cement spots for a few seconds. This will loosen the cement so it can be hosed away.
After applying vinegar shall I use water to remover cement?

Top Bottom