The Automotive India

The Automotive India (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/)
-   Maintaining My Ride (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/maintaining-my-ride/)
-   -   How To Remove Cement Dust from Car Exterior? (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/maintaining-my-ride/6265-how-remove-cement-dust-car-exterior.html)

nithin_v 3rd February 2012 01:17 PM

How To Remove Cement Dust from Car Exterior?

hi
please help me to remove cement dust from my 2 month old punto. i parked it near a cement shop for 10 mints. when i returned the bonnet is white in color with dust

Iron Rock 3rd February 2012 01:45 PM

Re: how to remove cement dust from car exterior

not sure if i understand the depth of the problem, is it somethin that could be just blown with air compressor ? a pic might help in suggesting the solution

dodge_v1per 3rd February 2012 02:30 PM

Re: How To Remove Cement Dust from Car Exterior?

simply clean it from duster man it will be good enough! [glasses]

Vishals 3rd February 2012 02:46 PM

Get them removed asap, Use consistent flow of water hoze if required and use a soft cloth.

My swift once got cement particles all over while I was going to office and crossing a under construction flyover in Delhi, somehow I could not notice it that time and when I checked in the evening it was all set. I went to a nearby mechanic who sprayed liquid which they use to put sunfilms and wiped all affected areas with a blade, yes with a blade. That was a big mistake, my new swift got blade scratch marks on all panels :(

nithin_v 3rd February 2012 10:35 PM

Hi
Thanks for the reply. I will use blower of Vacuum cleaner to remove the dust and will then wash with a shampoo. In some forum i saw the advise to use vinegar to remove the cement that was already set. I think in my case also it will set as it happened in morning as i parked the vehicle for upholstery works. There was a cement shop near the upholstery shop and i immediately covered the vehicle when i saw the dust settling on the car. But by that time bonnet was almost covered with dust

Sam Dinkar 4th February 2012 09:31 AM

Wipe it down with a duster and then rinse the remains with a steady stream of water. Wipe it dry completely with a dry cloth to avoid remnants of cement-water mixture. Check at places like under the bonnet for any such remnants and follow the same wipe-rinse-and-dry schedule.

cooldhaya 4th February 2012 08:07 PM

You are referring to cement dust right? Dust can be removed by dusting with a cloth and also washing it immediately. If you are referring to concrete and it has dried up then it's a bit difficult. I suggest you go to a detailing professional so that you don't damage your paint.

nithin_v 5th February 2012 11:43 AM

Hi
Thanks for the comments
I first used the blower , and then sprayed with vinegar. After some 10 mints i used the formula1 to wash the car. The entire dust had gone and car looked brand new(some swirl marks are there ).

@cooldhaya. It was the cement dust not concrete

Surfer 2nd March 2012 08:28 PM

Windshield and Bonnet Damaged due to Cement , now what?

My windshield and bonnet is partially damaged with 'cement water'
Very thin coat of cement water. (please don't ask me how this happened)
I am not able to remove it , please help, how can I remove that? [frustration]

Surfer 4th March 2012 07:23 PM

Can someone please replay here ? :mad::please:

nithin_v 4th March 2012 11:13 PM

Can you please post some pics. It will be helpful to understand the problem in a bit detail. Spray some white vinegar on the concrete and after some time wash with water.

vivekkumar 4th March 2012 11:26 PM

i had similar problem some time back when i visited a under construction building to see flat. things got dirty when watchmen tried water to clean it. Just use orange color soft cloth for it (DRY).. n go at a speed of 80+ on highway.. problem solved

Surfer 7th March 2012 10:54 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are the pics of damage.
Please help/suggest how to remove this stain [confused]

nithin_v 8th March 2012 07:27 AM

Cement and plaster are alkaline compounds. They are easily removed from clothes, woodwork, your body and cars using distilled white vinegar (a mild acid).

Simply soak a sponge with the vinegar and lay it on the cement spots for a few seconds. This will loosen the cement so it can be hosed away. It may take a couple applications to remove the cement from the car. Whatever you do, don’t try to wipe the cement off with the sponge, as this will scratch the paint.

Surfer 8th March 2012 10:29 AM

Thanks a lot
Quote:

distilled white vinegar (a mild acid).
Where can I get this?
Quote:

Simply soak a sponge with the vinegar and lay it on the cement spots for a few seconds. This will loosen the cement so it can be hosed away.
After applying vinegar shall I use water to remover cement?