Best Way To Maintain the Car Colour?

Thread Starter #1
What is the best way to maintain the car colour? Waxing, 3M paint protection..? Or just normal washing/cleaning with water?

Your fast man ! Good that you started this thread.

Well in my opinion, use petrol to wash the body once in a month with a very light washing solution. For Regular washing use plain water, and light washing solution only if it is a must. Avoid polishing as far as possible. I am not pretty sure about waxing. If anyone has idea on 3M paint protection, please share.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Wash using water, mild car was concentrate using Chamois leather or pressure wash if possible.

Once in 2-3 months get it thoroughly washed by car wash people.

avoid Teflon coats and clear coats. when it comes to denting it ll b horrible.

Diesel is better than petrol in cleaning car, but will take more time to evaporate causing dust to stick on if exposed before drying.

Wax car once in a year by professional and every 2-3 months by self. Only precaution to be take n before waxing is to make sure there is no dirt or oxidised marks as they will go under wax and will be near impossible to remove. and don't use same cloth for the entire car as dirt accumilated from some part can scratch the rest. better use cotton waste.

Use Scratch out or WD-40 to remove oxidised paint. WD-40 comes handy, but not cost effective.

Best way to maintain your car color includes following few!

1) Always park your car in shades & not in hot sun.
2) Clean your car every week with just running water.
3) Do wax your car every 2 months regularly!

Stay away from Teflon coats because it will look really bad if dented!

These will do wonders :) Enjoy your ride !

Okay imagine that your car in dented / scratched on the Rear doors badly.

You can get the repair job done & they do repaint the best possible way.

But the teflon which gives a real glossy feel cannot be done on that place only which makes your car look bad!

Any one can easily spot a faded difference [cheers]

3m Detailing Available in my area.They are working with M.A.S.S and the cost of a Coat is rs 1200

Okay imagine that your car in dented / scratched on the Rear doors badly.

You can get the repair job done & they do repaint the best possible way.

But the teflon which gives a real glossy feel cannot be done on that place only which makes your car look bad!

Any one can easily spot a faded difference [cheers]
I have got a Rear Dented Door ,thank god i didn't teflon coat the car [thumbswink]

@RSM: 3M Detailing service involves teflon coating and other polishing work for exterior and interior.

The way i have used to maintain the car is
1. Wash the car thrice in a week
2. Wax it once in 3 months
3. Rub polish once in 6 months... The car looks clean and shiny.

But offlate i am not getting a shaded parking and the car is standing in hot sun which is making the paint look dull.

wax polishing is still the best and cheap way to maintain your car colour.most of the treatments are not that helpfull and not worth the cost.formula 1 wax is easy to use.

My car also do stand in hot sun.
for about 10 months , full 12 hr in hot sun. Next 10 months when the direction of sun changes a little bit there is shade of the house. So just mornig 3 hours in hot sun.

Again this repeats

Do car covers help paint? i dont like to cover the car. If this helps paint am ready to cover.

Yes Ilango!

The car cover do help you save your original color to some extent!

Even from dust & bird dropping!

Even my car is in open parking & I covered my car which helps me a lot!

well the most routine thing is to get car washed by normal water 3-4 times a week, wax it once in 2-3 months and during services they do wash and wax, so professionally they would add better finish on your maintained paint, if you are going to park your vehicle for longer duration under the sun, get a car cover and put it on.
Also before waxing/polishing make sure you remove all dirt and there;s no dust particle on the metal before waxing, cause it would rather make it worst if caught along waxing the body, leave a scratch on its body.

deville_56

Honoured Member
ilango[speed thirst];5510 said:
My car also do stand in hot sun.
for about 10 months , full 12 hr in hot sun. Next 10 months when the direction of sun changes a little bit there is shade of the house. So just mornig 3 hours in hot sun.

Again this repeats

Do car covers help paint? i dont like to cover the car. If this helps paint am ready to cover.
From my experience car cover does bad than good. They filter out dust leaving fine dust over car which will mix with water and once dried will never go with diesel or wax. top of our car was ruined by the cover. looks like dried cement solution. we had to spend hours applying scratch-out to bring it back to normal. threw away the car cover. we were looking for genuine Recaro cover, but after this experience dropped the plan.

Car was parked in open in sun and rain for almost 6 months, then moved to my porch which was built to accomodate amby plus 2-3 bikes. one mill was nearby and loads of dust were there. then made porch in cousin's house and shifted it back.

Top Bottom