New Car Scratched! Help Please

Thread Starter #1
Was waiting at a signal when a lorry just brushed on the left side while taking a turn and sped off. :( Car is just 2 weeks old and am deeply hurt.

Need your suggestion on the next course of action.

Do you think I would require repainting the entire panel? If so, is it worth doing? Will there be a noticeable color difference in repainting?

Headlight is also damaged, major scratches and bumps on it.

Will headlight damage and repainting /touch up be covered under bumper to bumper insurance?

Any suggestions would be helpful[confused]

DAMAGE copy.jpg

Re: New car scratched ! Help please

Yes it will be covered. But claiming insurance you will lose your no claim bonus next year which is 20% of the premium. So get an estimate for the repair and decide yourself.
Even if you claim insurance you'll have to pay the voluntary excess as per your policy ( usually 1000 rs).

Thread Starter #3

Thank you. Any idea if this would require repaint or touch up? Is repaint going to show a noticeable difference in color if I do it?

better you claim insurance, both, head lamp and LHS fenders will be replaced. off course you will lose your NCB but why to retain it if your purpose of maintaining car is defeated. don't worry, NCB will not be more than 2-3k.

Thank you. Any idea if this would require repaint or touch up? Is repaint going to show a noticeable difference in color if I do it?
Sorry to know about your loss. You can take your car to Nandi Motors ( Bosch service centre) near Kavoor Rice Mills, at Muthinithalu or to Rama Auto at Malemar Road , Kottar chowki. Both these places do good repair and painting work but discuss with them about the cost in advance.
Good luck to you.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Was waiting at a signal when a lorry just brushed on the left side while taking a turn and sped off. :( Car is just 2 weeks old and am deeply hurt.

Need your suggestion on the next course of action.

Do you think I would require repainting the entire panel? If so, is it worth doing? Will there be a noticeable color difference in repainting?

Headlight is also damaged, major scratches and bumps on it.

Will headlight damage and repainting /touch up be covered under bumper to bumper insurance?

Any suggestions would be helpful
For the panel no re-paint or touch up is required just get the wheel arc cladding opened and go for a dry denting. It is not a major dent so dry denting is enough and then apply the rubbing to lighten up the scratch. For headlamp you need to replace entire unit and so for that it would be wise to first assess the cost of the unit and then decide whether claiming the insurance is needed or not buddy. Another alternative for headlamp can be laminating the scratched part with Black tint since the headlamps reflector area appears still unharmed and major scratch is near the console part only.

Regards

Akash

I will also suggest for claiming the bumper to bumper insurance, as it's a few days old beauty and can understand the stress you are feeling[cry].

Last edited:

Top Bottom