How To Take Care of New Car Paint & Touch Up?

Thread Starter #1
Dear mods

I had minor starched on my newly car bumper and i got it repainted from local shop he first cleaned my bumper then sanded it with wet sandpaper then he repainted that area so my question is i don't remember whether he applied primer or not before spraying paint. If he didnt applied primer on that area will it cause damage to my paint? will my paint come off or will it last long? and what precaution should i take or what can i do to protect my paint? and when can i shampoo my car after repaint. Repaint was done on 24/05/17 and can i apply primer over paint now?

Thank you for helping me out

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Dear mods

I had minor starched on my newly car bumper and i got it repainted from local shop he first cleaned my bumper then sanded it with wet sandpaper then he repainted that area so my question is i don't remember whether he applied primer or not before spraying paint. If he didnt applied primer on that area will it cause damage to my paint? will my paint come off or will it last long? and what precaution should i take or what can i do to protect my paint? and when can i shampoo my car after repaint. Repaint was done on 24/05/17 and can i apply primer over paint now?
Actually bumper paint chips off if too much of paint is applied on it or if the paint get too old (i.e 4-5 year old). If the scratch is minor one then often primer isn't required but it is needed only if there are deep scratches on the bumper. Also, if the painted bumper has been given proper time to dry and then it was polished then the chipping won't happen anytime soon. To protect the paint initially, don't use too much of water on it as it might lead to fading of the paint eventually and never use paint thinner on the repainted surface as it will remove the paint from bumper. Shampoo etc if need be can be used minimum after a week or 10 days and there is absolutely no need to spray primer on the re-painted surface since the painter would have applied clear-coat on the same after the paint and then polished it off to give it a neat and evenly finished look.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom