Ceramic / Glass Nano Coating v/s Polymer Coating

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

my year old Baleno car badly needs to be polished, especially since the neighboring building got demolished. The paintwork has lost that gleam and it even feels rough to touch. I had found a guy in Mumbai, Chembur, who does nano glass coating and the results are nice but charges 17k for his work. Though he offers 3 years warranty on his work, I really dont have that kind of money. There is another person in Malad who does polymer coating. I havent visited there yet but his results seem good and they charge 6k. He said it lasts one year. Finally, there is 3M with their paint sealant which lasts 6 months apparently.
I really need to know from people who have done these, what is your experience and advice? My objective is that the car should resist minor scratches and dust and not much more

Ameyam

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Get the car polished from 3m once every year. I wouldn't suggest local guys ( they charge just 2k) because the finish is not that great.
And apply wax every 2 months to keep the car looking shiny.
You can do this on your own or get it done from outside.
Here in delhi most of the malls have started offering wax service plus interior vacuum for 500rs. You go shop or whatever you want to do and they will clean your car in the parking lot.

Hi,

I really need to know from people who have done these, what is your experience and advice? My objective is that the car should resist minor scratches and dust and not much more

Ameyam
Hello ameyam

One member has got nano coating done on his Storme. The results were really good, at least from the photos. You can PM him and take his opinion since it has been almost an year since he got the coating done.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/25100-jeepsters-2016-tata-safari-storme-varicor400-torquemonster-60-000-kms-update-2.html

On a tight budget, a 3M treatment once an year followed by regular wax will be good enough. First get the car thoroughly cleaned and waxed to know if the roughness is just superficial or not.

Regards,
Alpha

Last edited:

Top Bottom