Diesel as an Exterior Cleaner

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends ,my maruti 800 engine block has become caked with thick mud and oil and road grime which I am unable to clean off completely with the APC even in full 1:1 dilution.Is it safe to spray diesel to soak on to the external surface and then trying to break down the crud? Would I run the risk of fire when the engine gets heated up later ?Or can I use an APC following diesel application.My initial idea to take it to a service centre was dropped as he wouldn't do the nooks and crannies like I wanted to.Then I thought of taking it as a DIY and do it to my level of satisfaction .Please give me your valuable inputs.

Re: Diesel as an external cleaner

I think kerosene, wd40 or zorrik would be safe to use but after cleaning, let it dry for some time.

Thread Starter #4
Yes!I do use a degreaser and scrubber .Some parts in the engine block are difficult to reach and had a lot of caked up oil and mud which was too much for the degreaser to remove.Hence I thought of using diesel as an alternative to degreaser to breakdown the oil part as the mud will easily come off from the hardened mass once the oil acting as binder would disintegrate. I have succeeded to a certain extent after using diesel after spraying through a spray pump and followed by a degreaser to remove traces of diesel as much as possible .Diesel smokes badly when the engine block gets heated up!

Top Bottom