Help! Scratch on Car Paint Causing Rusting

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys. As the title suggests my 2011 silver alto k10 has a long scratch on the rear door which is deep enough to reach the metal and cause rusting. I would like to do it myself. Any suggestions for an affordable diy that could make my car's paint as good as new? By the way i was planning to go for the quixx paint scratch remover kit. Any ideas on its results? Thanks in advance.
Regards
TechLaller

By the way i was planning to go for the quixx paint scratch remover kit.
This will be of no use since the scratch is deep enough to cause rusting.

If you are interested in DIY way, make sure you have all the equipments available (including air compressor) BTW what color is your car? Post a snap.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi guys. As the title suggests my 2011 silver alto k10 has a long scratch on the rear door which is deep enough to reach the metal and cause rusting. I would like to do it myself. Any suggestions for an affordable diy that could make my car's paint as good as new? By the way i was planning to go for the quixx paint scratch remover kit. Any ideas on its results? Thanks in advance.
For a DIY it is difficult to get close to the factory finish paint or at par with a professional's results. As the car has caught rust due to scratch then it will be wise to take professional help to repair it than trying on a DIY. The investment you'll do for DIY, same amount can be used in getting the car repaired by a professional. Also as suggested by Satish, it would be nice if you can post a pic so that we can assess the damage and help you out buddy.

PS: Silver is a metallic color, it would be difficult to match it on your own. It would be correct if you go to a FNG/MASS as they can properly match the paint with other panels.

what color is your car? Post a snap.
It is Silver shade Satish.[:)]

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
Yes I am planning to go for a matched spray can silver shade for my car and a clear coat aerosol spray can. I was planning to use a rubbing compound first and then after removing the rust first the primer, body colour and then the clear coat and then use the sanding procedure and then finally polishing and waxing. Would it be sufficient or should I go for professional help. Which would be better and cheaper?

Its not a major scratch, I cant see any rust forming. You can just forget about it.
Even i have a Silver alto. I have a silver paint (don't use local quality silver paint get Asian paints), i use a thin brush and apply between the scratch. First clean the scratch with turpentine (or spirit which is sold in medicals). Don't use Thinner it is a generic term, it might be any alcohol, which can damage paint so never use thinner to clean paint. Put the paint and if it looks bad, you can use thinner to remove it.
It does look bad, but i kept it as it stops rust. Repainting costs a fortune. And how many times can one repaint ? After every scratch is not a good idea.

Top Bottom