My Maruti Celerio CNG Scratched By Unknown Person

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I purchased a MAruti Celerio CNG and driving my car smoothly from past last month. today morning i noticed that someone scratched my car on all four doors as well as bumpers. I went to the service centres and they said need to file an FIR to claim any insurance else will have to bear all the charges if wish?

I am planning to go ahead and go for an FIR to claim my insurance as the cost of one door will cost me Rs. 3000 to 4000 hence for all the doors and bumper behind will cost me approx Rs.20000. My question is what is the possibility of the insurance company to provide me an insurance and how much will they provide refund.

One thing i would also like to know rather then going to the claim stuff can i get the estimate amount on how much will i get refund and can later go for it? or should i check with other local repairers to check the cost of the paint if done outside service centres. Also if i go with some local repairer will i loose my warranty.

I am bothered as this is my new car and have taken loan and it is very difficult for me to bear all such expenses. We can accept some small expenses after buying car however was not ready for such big expenses and also didn't expected any one will do so just to remove grudges or time pass. I am trying to get the work done with minimum expenses as Rs.20000 is big amount for me?

Require your help in such case?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: MAruti Celerio CNG scratched by unknown person

Chintan, I do understand your problem buddy. Spending 20K for someone else's idiotic habits is a waste. I would suggest first you post some pics so that we may see the damage and provide you with the best solution. About insurance, based on your description, If the scratches are prominent/deep then insurance may pass them but then to claim insurance, you'll have to go through hassle of FIR et al. If in case, your car's scratches are minor ones then I would say get them re-painted by good after-market shop and per panel cost would be around 2000. So in 10-12K your car would be painted. About the warranty, As such there is no issue with the warranty if you get car painted outside but one thing you have to make very sure that the place you get your car painted should have proper set up and the painters should be skilled because if the end result of after-market painting is not good then the biggest issue apart from paint mis-match would be the rusting. Make sure the painter has a proper enclosure to paint the car.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3

Chintan, I do understand your problem buddy. Spending 20K for someone else's idiotic habits is a waste. I would suggest first you post some pics so that we may see the damage and provide you with the best solution. About insurance, based on your description, If the scratches are prominent/deep then insurance may pass them but then to claim insurance, you'll have to go through hassle of FIR et al. If in case, your car's scratches are minor ones then I would say get them re-painted by good after-market shop and per panel cost would be around 2000. So in 10-12K your car would be painted. About the warranty, As such there is no issue with the warranty if you get car painted outside but one thing you have to make very sure that the place you get your car painted should have proper set up and the painters should be skilled because if the end result of after-market painting is not good then the biggest issue apart from paint mis-match would be the rusting. Make sure the painter has a proper enclosure to paint the car.

Regards

Akash

1. Sure i will try to get the pics of my car.
2. I have shown the scratches to the service centre executive and on his suggestions i am planning to go for an FIR.The Scratches are very bad, there are straight line from front door to the back door on both the sides and also near the front passenger door a Cross marks has been done on the door. Dont know why someone must have done this but unable to find the right person.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

The Scratches are very bad, there are straight line from front door to the back door on both the sides and also near the front passenger door a Cross marks has been done on the door. Dont know why someone must have done this but unable to find the right person.
Chintan there is an insane practice called Vandalism. Now, the damage to your car could be done in a fit of rage by your colony's guys or any idiot who might have fought with his wife/girlfriend. Frustration can lead to such stupid things. I would say, first share the pics of your car and then take any further step.

Regards

Akash

@Chintan:
Is your insurance zero dep or comprehensive? If it's zero dep then all you will have to pay is 1000-1500 bucks which are filing charges and if it's comprehensive then you will have to pay around 40-45% of the total repair cost. Even I also had 'Anjali' written on the front right door of my Laura and the scratching was really deep and in a poor handwriting :biggrin:; I went to A.S.S. and had a word with SA who simply told me that I shouldn't apply for the claim; half an hour later I returned back with a badly dented door and quarter panel, all I had to pay were filing charges, rest the insurance took care.

In case you file an FIR then the repair will take time I must tell you. Your insurer will tell you that they will process the claim only after the local police submits their report after their investigation. Now the local cops will take their own sweet time in giving the report that they couldn't find anyone and after that only your claim will be processed and refunded.

In case cops find the culprit, then the settlement time will get even longer because your insurer will want the culprit to pay for the losses.

I hope you are aware of these sides also of filing and FIR and then going on for insurance claim.

I have some other ways of getting the work done via insurance but I doubt if you can really do that to your brand new car.

Thread Starter #6
Chintan there is an insane practice called Vandalism. Now, the damage to your car could be done in a fit of rage by your colony's guys or any idiot who might have fought with his wife/girlfriend. Frustration can lead to such stupid things. I would say, first share the pics of your car and then take any further step.

Regards

Akash
Thanks Akash1886,

I had inquired about the polishing / painting stuff they also said that the car requires painting and would cost around rs.10000/- as per the local repairer. And the company has zero dept insurance. so lets see i have given them the Noc or NC letter from police and lets check how much it costs us from the company side. I have no fights with anyone neither do my family however this seems have been done by some kid or an idiot as you specified.

@Chintan:
Is your insurance zero dep or comprehensive? If it's zero dep then all you will have to pay is 1000-1500 bucks which are filing charges and if it's comprehensive then you will have to pay around 40-45% of the total repair cost. Even I also had 'Anjali' written on the front right door of my Laura and the scratching was really deep and in a poor handwriting :biggrin:; I went to A.S.S. and had a word with SA who simply told me that I shouldn't apply for the claim; half an hour later I returned back with a badly dented door and quarter panel, all I had to pay were filing charges, rest the insurance took care.

In case you file an FIR then the repair will take time I must tell you. Your insurer will tell you that they will process the claim only after the local police submits their report after their investigation. Now the local cops will take their own sweet time in giving the report that they couldn't find anyone and after that only your claim will be processed and refunded.

In case cops find the culprit, then the settlement time will get even longer because your insurer will want the culprit to pay for the losses.

I hope you are aware of these sides also of filing and FIR and then going on for insurance claim.

I have some other ways of getting the work done via insurance but I doubt if you can really do that to your brand new car.
I have a zero dept insurance however still need to check with the company how much will they charge me if any. I am aware about such things however it is difficult to find the culprit. I am still waiting for the surveyor to check and confirm how much they will claim and how much we have to pay. Else will have to stay with those scratches till something major issue is found to claim.

^^If you have zero dep insurance then all you will have to pay is for the filing charges (2000 max), rest the insurance will take care of.

Just have a word with the surveyor and SA if they will do repair work now itself or will they wait for police clearance. In case police has given an NOC then this won't be a problem IMO.

Please don't paint from outside, as the paint in Maruti and any ASS using is high quality and premium. IMO keep wait for a good dent or claim now itself. I dint think making FIR is that much difficult.

Thread Starter #9
^^If you have zero dep insurance then all you will have to pay is for the filing charges (2000 max), rest the insurance will take care of.

Just have a word with the surveyor and SA if they will do repair work now itself or will they wait for police clearance. In case police has given an NOC then this won't be a problem IMO.
Thanks TSIVipul;491479,

Thank you Vipul for the comments. I do have a zero dep and i am ready to pay the filing charges. I will check about the repairing part for NOC..

Please don't paint from outside, as the paint in Maruti and any ASS using is high quality and premium. IMO keep wait for a good dent or claim now itself. I dint think making FIR is that much difficult.
I have already submitted the copy of NOC letter to the company and waiting for the surveyor to survey the scratches. I will surely go for the repairing part the amount is feasible and within my limit. Else will have to go with the scratches until i find good reason to repair my car for any other damages.

Also i have a doubt,

Suppose if i am not going for the repairing now and will wait for some other major / minor damage in future this year and claim both the things at same time.

Query:
1. Will i get both the repairing done at that time or will they just entertain recent damage and fix it.
2. Also if both considered by them will they consider zero dep next time?
3. One more thing will my idp value fall if i claim it now?
4. Will the premium amount of insurance increase from next year?
5. Suppose if i do the repairing done today and some thing else happens in near future this year will i still get zero dep insurance?

Top Bottom