Removing "Fevi Kwik" from Car Paint : Need Help!

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys.

My friend has chrome beadings on his car, which were applied last year. Those cheesy chrome beadings came in as a set of 8 pieces (4 on doors, 4 on bumpers) but as the bumper ones were not holding well (with supplied 3M tape), he told the service guys at Maruti to stick it properly and they used Fevi Kwik. Sad part was that they did more than expected and used fevi kwik for the door beadings also!

At that time it was not a problem but now my friend is planning for a different look on his car, and wants to remove all the chrome beadings.

Please suggest something to remove them safely without causing any damage to car paint and without leaving any mark behind. I feel that 3M tape can be removed easily but removing fevi kwik will remove the paint also. Help!

PS. If wanted, I can post a pic of the beadings also if needed.

Saarji first of all who allowed the accessories guys to use fevi kwik?
If I am not wrong then only rubbing and repainting the affected area is the only option we are fest with; especially when the fevi quick has ape t a sweet one year on the car. Sorry for harsh response though.

Thread Starter #3
Saarji first of all who allowed the accessories guys to use fevi kwik?
If I am not wrong then only rubbing and repainting the affected area is the only option we are fest with; especially when the fevi quick has ape t a sweet one year on the car. Sorry for harsh response though.
Saarji beadings are not removed yet, and we don't know whether there will be paint damage or not upon removing.

And that is the mistake, my friend allowed them to do so, but only for the bumper ones and they did to the door beadings also.

Please suggest something to remove them safely without causing any damage to car paint and without leaving any mark behind. I feel that 3M tape can be removed easily but removing fevi kwik will remove the paint also. Help!
You can try the following but I doubt its really gonna work. Use hot air gun and pry tool (Plastic). Heat the beading and slowly pull it using pry tool. Don't heat too much that it could melt and don't let it cool down when puling. Temperature should be constant. This trick might break the beading but important is to keep paint intact.

Once removed, you can use rubbing compound to remove the residue. Still I doubt it will be like it was before fevi kwik application.

Good luck. [:)]

Edit: In my car parking area there was a mango tree and it dropped several driblets into my car's rear part, especially on the trunk. The liquid was so strong that it burnt the paint and nothing could fix it except repainting. If I try rubbing compound, the paint used to chip'ing off. Got little angry and chopped the tree. The mango it gave wasn't good either to regret.

So I think fevi kwik also does same, Burn the paint. Hot glue, RTV, silicone sealant & 3M double-sided tape will not harm the paint and can be cleaned with water, IPA, kerosene or compound.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
There is no way out to remove fevi kwik from car paint except for the panel being repainted. I have had my share of such adventures in my Honda City. I used Elfee to stick some beading on bumper and chrome of front fender. Result was very bad. I ended up getting the front fender repainted. See below, the damage done to the paint by elfee.

IMG_20140809_180030088.jpg

photo1876.jpg

Regards

Akash

If the beading is not falling off, just leave it there. Cyanoacrylate glue or CA glue or fevikwik should not be used for sticking stuff on paint. it will damafe the paint no matter what you do when pulling it off. cA dissolves in acetone but so does paint. So dont do it

In all probability, tape supplied with the beading was not original. Original 3M double sided tape, also called hydramatic tape works with a vacuum effect & doesnt come off. Only thing- when using the 3M tape, the part has to be pressed down properly first time

Ameyam

Thread Starter #7
Thank you guys, from ice_wise, for the replies.[lol]

My friend has decided to let them stay after seeing those marks on Akash's car. He might consider wrapping the chrome with a matte black vinyl later. He even talked to a car detailer and he suggested to wrap it in vinyl, which would cost 200-300 bucks and is reversible.

Ameyam, the tape was original I guess but the curvature of bumper didn't allow the bumper beading (which came as a totally straight piece) to stick well.

OT : Akash your rims are nice and wide. Next time get 1 or 2 size wider tyres to complete the look.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
My friend has decided to let them stay after seeing those marks on Akash's car. He might consider wrapping the chrome with a matte black vinyl later.
Wrapping is the way out if you intend to save the painting expense. I have learnt my lesson so I don't dare now to put beading / chrome etc on the car now.

OT : Akash your rims are nice and wide. Next time get 1 or 2 size wider tyres to complete the look.
Tomorrow itself I am planning to get Bridgestone Tyre(s) of 185 section for the CITY.[:)]

Regards

Akash

I use 3m tape extensively. What these guys do is, to save money, provide thin strip of tape around perimeter of beading. I installed mine with 25mm wide tape in two runs so as to take the full width of the beading & it wouldnt come off at all

Ameyam

I am facing the same issue. The bumper gaurd fitted at TASS came off after 3 months leaving the marks of the glue. It looks odd now. I didn't try anything as I fear the paint may come off which will look worse.

Do you think 3m or professional detailing shop can help us to remove the glue marks? :help:

Top Bottom