Removing Graffiti From My Car

Thread Starter #1
hi folks
please give any tips you can. I will share my problem in brief. Possibly it was somebody’s joke. Yesterday when I came back I saw a graffiti on my car. Just one sign (on the right door). How to mask it or remove. I took a usual nail polish remover, but it doesn’t help at ll. What will be your suggestions?

Re: graffiti on my car

hi folks
please give any tips you can. I will share my problem in brief. Possibly it was somebody’s joke. Yesterday when I came back I saw a graffiti on my car. Just one sign (on the right door). How to mask it or remove. I took a usual nail polish remover, but it doesn’t help at ll. What will be your suggestions?
Hey magictrc, how big is that sign?

Thread Starter #3

Hey magictrc, how big is that sign?
It is about 12 inches in length and 8 inches in width. Im very upset, I don’t even imagine how much it will cost to repaint the whole door. I fund information in Wikipedia that the degreaser or special chemicals can help. I asked people in my hardware. They have this paint remover https://www.mrosupply.com/paint-painting-supplies/paint/1385610_a012280401_krylon/ they can notguarrantee that it will not take off the main coat of paint from the car. What else can I try?

It is about 12 inches in length and 8 inches in width. Im very upset, I don’t even imagine how much it will cost to repaint the whole door. I fund information in Wikipedia that the degreaser or special chemicals can help. I asked people in my hardware. They have this paint remover https://www.mrosupply.com/paint-painting-supplies/paint/1385610_a012280401_krylon/ they can notguarrantee that it will not take off the main coat of paint from the car. What else can I try?
Drat!! I feel like making those grafitti artists buy you a new car! I think you should try the paint remover. But before that see how much repainting the car costs.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Please DO NOT try any kind of paint remover. It will remove the graffiti, and all the Original paint underneath it.

If the graffiti is spray type (Rattle can), your best bet is going for scratch/swirl remover. This will remove a fine layer of topcoat, along with the Graffiti paint.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...omagic-car-care-honest-review-pics-proof.html

Please do post a pics to help us judge.
Thanks for correcting me sir. Magictrc i am really sorry for asking you to go ahead with paint remover. Is it possible for you to consult 3M car care? They might as well help you out!

bhvm

Honoured Member
No Problem. Everyone learns by experience.
I'm glad I could be of help to someone.

Yes, going to 3m Shall also be a good option. Just let the experts handle It. However the cost of 3M professional detailing is almost as much as a small re-paint.
I still feel a mild scratch remover is worth a try. It costs hardly 200 odd ruppee.

Slightly apply rubbing paste-

My theory-
Normally in a paint sealent applied cars or the ones which is regularly washed and waxed.
When it suffers a hit,the paint of other vehicle may be also present this is removed without affecting stock vehicle paint by rubbing with rubbing paste.

In this case also its a case of secondary object paint.
Try in a small portion.

Top Bottom