Engine Flushing for Maruti Zen

Thread Starter #1
Hi all, I am new to this site. I am also new to fourwheeler. I need some informations from you people.
Last year I have purchased a Old Maruti Zen Lxi 2005 model. It has covered approx 100000/- kms. Though till date I have not faced any big problem with it. Regular users who have driven the car said that there is no big issue with it. My problem is- Recently a local mechanic told me after inspecting the engine that I need to do Engine Flushing. My question is "What is Engine Flushing? When do I need to perform it? what is the approximately KM after which I need to do it?"

Engine Flushing is the process by which , the deposits due to action or chemical process changes of engine oil(Usually mineral oil), are formed.
This can be either by not changing oil at correct interval or with long term of the vehicle.

As your car has clocked 1 lakh km,you can go with engine flushing as it will enhance the engine life.

In some ASS , they do engine flushing (Which is a Scam)

If you are doing engine flushing at 1 lakh km,next engine flushing is required only after another 60k km.

At the next oil change, ask the mechanic / service centre to flush the engine with bardhal oil. Basically thet drain all the old oil from the sump, then put in bardhal oil & run your car for 30~45 minutes. Then then drain the bardhal (containing all the impurities, so will be black) and put in fresh engine oil. This cleans the engine. Engine flush is also called decarbonization.
While you do the flush, if your car is mpfi, go for injector cleaning & throttle body cleaning also. The engine will run much smoother

Ameyam

Top Bottom