Originally Posted by ERTIGA_ZMR
So kindly suggest following:
1: Can I use car shampoo now as Teflon was applied on 1st Jan 2013?
2: Can I use wax after washing the car? If yes, which is the best and affordable brand. I use to like wax once in a week as washing is done weekly.
3: Can we apply wax just after dusting using Jopasu duster?
4: Do we have any product to take care of fabric seat- it's Elegant Europa
5: What is claying?
1. Shampoo wash can be done now.
washing can be done after 10 to 15 days of Teflon coating.
2. Car can be waxed after a wash but only after it is completely dry (on a shade since surface should not be hot). Be careful about dust over the panels during this short intervel for drying. Remove that dust also with a clean duster or a clean soft cotton cloth.
Formula 1 Carnauba wax is affordable and effective. (Make sure you get original).
Meguiar, Turtle etc are other good brands.
Waxing is not
required every week. Once in three months is enough to keep the car shining. (if required, increase the frequency to monthly once in monsoon season)
3. Better not to apply wax after just a dusting.
Washing with a good shampoo is required.
4. There are several products available at car interior shops.
Can opt for a 3M detailing once in a year.
5. Claying remove hard stains, dirt, tar and other contaminants and is better done by a car care firm than doing at home.