How Long You Take To Clean Your Ride?

How long do you take to clean your car/SUV?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
How long do you take to clean your ride? Including washing the exteriors, washing the mats, cleaning/polishing the interiors and glasses and such?
Well, my driver cleans my Indigo, I've never had a chance to clean the Maruti 800, but I do my new i10 (once so far), and will clean my new car (hopefully, a Jazz) that is set to arrive in the near future too.

It took about 2 hours for 3 people, including me, to clean my i10 recently. This included washing the exteriors, (cleaning once with diluted cleaning liquid, then rinsing) and inside metal parts, polishing all the windows and shiny interior plastics, getting rid of a small stain on the rear seat, washing the wheels and tyres, and some moew. What about you guys?

@ Arkin: Usually i take 45 minutes for casual wash with minimal dust.
When on long trips i give it for car wash centre(Auto spa).

It takes about 3hours(when the car is dirty[pig]) to clean since i clean up the interiors in addition to the exteriors when i finally get the hose i my hands. Thanks to the coal dust, i have to clean the underbody thoroughly to avoid rusting issue. But i do this kind of cleaning not on a regular basis but only when i am home for more than a week. Though the car is washed on a daily basis by dads office boy who dos the work really well.
Honestly i dont think my dad likes me cleaning the car. That dads love which doesnt want his Son to remain wet with all that dirt.[:)]

350Z

Core Team
Cleaning a car usually depends on how dirty it is. If the car is washed regularly, typically it consumes no more than an hour. For other Sunday stuff like Waxing and polishing, add another hour or two, but that’s more of an extra maintenance work, and can’t be included in general cleaning.

Drive Safe,
350Z

it normally takes me 45 minutes to do just exterior wash. But with all combined (exterior+interior+engine bay) it takes around 3 hours!!

If its just normal water wash on the exteriors and just dusting the interiors and cleaning the mats it takes around 45 minutes for my Verna , for Safari it takes an hour!

Even for us our watchman does the job daily but if the car is very dirty after some highway runs in rains i will wash it.

Thread Starter #10
Our Maruti 800 hasn't been cleaned(nor used) for a couple of months now, and has gathered lots I mean lots of dust.
I think I'll get the car cleaned and waxed during its service.

:offtopic: hey guys do you know about chemical car wash it is done here in my city costs around 700 rs the exterior is washed with some kind of chemical and the car regains its lost shine . also the interior is cleaned very well

Thread Starter #14
You mean one of those mechanised car washes? It is not advised by many experts to get your car washed their, as the car can get slight damage, and except if you are in a hurry, it is just not worth the price.

:offtopic: hey guys do you know about chemical car wash it is done here in my city costs around 700 rs the exterior is washed with some kind of chemical and the car regains its lost shine . also the interior is cleaned very well
Don't ever go for that as it might damage the paint.
Just clean wash with Shampoo works wonder.

Top Bottom