How To Prevent Scratches / Dings Due To Opening of Doors?

Thread Starter #1

bhvm

Honoured Member
dear all,
we all live in a world with ever increasing shortage of parking. as a result, we have to park cars very close.

generally, my xuv thunderbolt and blue boy i10 are parked about 2 feet apart. what pains is, whenever xuv door is somewhat opened quickly, it slams into the i10, giving small scratch.

now my blue boy i10 has over 8 such small scratches due to 'elbow hits' from xuv.

what's the solution guys?.

Thread Starter #3

bhvm

Honoured Member
Only way is to be careful while opening.
The small scratches usually go off with rubbing,though.
that's possible when I'm or dad is driving. however when there are users like granny guests etc what to do?

can't say to everyone about scratches. also I have double loss as both cars are mine!!

I understand your plight,even my mum sometimes does open the door and slam on nearby car or bike parked.
One option that can guarentee is , ask whoever is driving to open the door .
Also unlock the door only after reminding them to open it carefully as a caution,that helps better,you can have a peace of mind.

Thread Starter #5

bhvm

Honoured Member
Still not finding a concrete solution guys.
I thought i'll add some type of rubber material around the lip of the door. Lets hunt for the same.

You can add door guards -Ipop is a standard brand.
But as i mentioned earlier its all on how much we can be careful,if one is in driver seat he has to do duties of chauffer

Thread Starter #7

bhvm

Honoured Member
are these ipop things soft enough to prevent scratches to 'other car'. or they or only protect the car they're mounted on?

thanks.

No IPOP's is actually Hard on other cars, they do damage to the Other cars, but will protect yours. One more thing, If removed, they leave a Bad patch behind... so use carefully, It's like, you buy it once and you will have to use it forever !!!!

Thread Starter #9

bhvm

Honoured Member
No IPOP's is actually Hard on other cars, they do damage to the Other cars, but will protect yours. One more thing, If removed, they leave a Bad patch behind... so use carefully, It's like, you buy it once and you will have to use it forever !!!!
crap! I'd better stay away!.

Thread Starter #10

bhvm

Honoured Member
Anyways people, I came up with a Makeshift option to prevent XUV Door hitting the poor blue boy. Its a simple 3M foam tape in 2 layers to add protection. I will add some white tape on it to hide bold red color.

Top Bottom