What Do You Think of Portable Pressure Washers?

Thread Starter #1
I was thinking of getting a new portable pressure washer for cleaning my car and bike. I am still going through the process of learning about its feasibility,whether its worth it, the reliability,etc.
The reason for me to consider buying one is that we dont have good car wash centres here in Kerala anymore due to manpower shortage, also they are constantly increasing the charges and the washing is becoming pathetic.[anger] Currently they charge 200 rupees for an 800.[confused]
If anyone is using a portable pressure washer,please share your thoughts about it.
Some brands that I've seen are the Aquatak range from Bosch,Ka:rcher and Black and Decker.

Hey man they charge Rs.200 just for one single wash?

I still prefer old traditional method of a bucket and a clean and soft cloth!:biggrin:

Portable pressure wash is actually excellent way to clean. And i heard (i don't own or never used) that Bosch Aquatek is excellent product.

Thread Starter #4
Hey man they charge Rs.200 just for one single wash?

I still prefer old traditional method of a bucket and a clean and soft cloth!:biggrin:
Ya thats what the "development" of Kerala has come to. Even manual labour is 400 rupees per unskilled workman for every 6 and a half hour work day.
Its hard to wash the car properly using the tap in my case without atleast spending 3 hours on the job. The car gets that dirty.
And our roads are all adventure trails[lol] now and the car looks like its participated in a offroad jungle safari after some 10 kilometers of drive in the monsoons.

Last edited:
Hey man that seriously high. We pay here only Rs.300 for unskilled workman and he works for 8 hours too!

Well i do understand the state of your car. A pressure wash is certainly needed!

BTW why do you bother so much about the brand bro? All pressure washers must be good.

Thread Starter #6
Hey man that seriously high. We pay here only Rs.300 for unskilled workman and he works for 8 hours too!

Well i do understand the state of your car. A pressure wash is certainly needed!

BTW why do you bother so much about the brand bro? All pressure washers must be good.
Brand and quality really matters,I've heard there are some chinese brands available for as less as 2000 rupees. Some Indian assembled taiwanese make for around 4000. The first one develops leaks at the joints in some 10 washes,the latter one somehow manages till its warranty period of 6 months and then starts bombing the pocket.
A dealer also told me that Bosch is not as good as it used to be and are made in the chinese factory of Bosch. So I'm really confused now.[confused] The quote I got for Bosch was 7250 for their smallest unit. Black and Decker is also in the same price range.

Last edited:
Ah jalex , exactly the thread of product i was thinking about.
this is running in my mind for about more than 8 months

i need pressure washer for my business.

everytime i cant wait , or send my man to wait in a long que for washing cars after paint -kinda,
they charge 180 for small cars 230 for sedan and 350 for big cars

i was thinking about bosh pressure water system , one is for 45K and another is for 13 K

i was planning to buy 13k priced one , and heard that it also gives some trouble.
i am not sure is that mechanical part or about the cleaning . till now only one person did say about it.

I am too researching.

Great thread Jalex. Even i want to purchase one but unable to get a branded product. I came across a local one which had mrp of Rs.1500. I wont mind spending upto Rs.3000 for a good product, else i am happy with the guy/driver who cleans our cars every morning.

Brand and quality really matters,I've heard there are some chinese brands available for as less as 2000 rupees. Some Indian assembled taiwanese make for around 4000. The first one develops leaks at the joints in some 10 washes,the latter one somehow manages till its warranty period of 6 months and then starts bombing the pocket.
A dealer also told me that Bosch is not as good as it used to be and are made in the chinese factory of Bosch. So I'm really confused now.[confused] The quote I got for Bosch was 7250 for their smallest unit. Black and Decker is also in the same price range.
Hey Jalex spending 7k as of now is waste.
It would be useful to Ilango as he has business.
Just give it to a wash once in a while, When car has more dirt.
I usually give it to wash when i do a long drive to different states.
All other time i wash it myself.
Instead spend the amount on Car Shampoo, It will work wonders.

350Z

Core Team
I was thinking of getting a new portable pressure washer for cleaning my car and bike. I am still going through the process of learning about its feasibility,whether its worth it, the reliability,etc.
The reason for me to consider buying one is that we dont have good car wash centres here in Kerala anymore due to manpower shortage, also they are constantly increasing the charges and the washing is becoming pathetic. Currently they charge 200 rupees for an 800.
If anyone is using a portable pressure washer,please share your thoughts about it.
Some brands that I've seen are the Aquatak range from Bosch,Ka:rcher and Black and Decker.
There are mixed reviews about portable pressure washers and I never used one yet, so would avoid commenting on its worthiness. However, what I’m sure is that Kärcher is popular brand in this business. They have a few outlets in India, also, at least purchasing a branded product, especially when it comes to machine and other such items, provides self-satisfaction and reliability. Link to their official website.

Drive Safe,
350Z

So which brand is good , i want that is some what lower in rate and has a good life .

may be a 2 to 3 years is enough for me .

I hope portable pressure system is one that work in home tap water connect!!

Thread Starter #12
There are mixed reviews about portable pressure washers and I never used one yet, so would avoid commenting on its worthiness. However, what I’m sure is that Kärcher is popular brand in this business. They have a few outlets in India, also, at least purchasing a branded product, especially when it comes to machine and other such items, provides self-satisfaction and reliability. Link to their official website.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Kärcher is a good product but its pricey I guess at around 9000 for an entry level unit. I'm searching for more reviews all over the net on the Bosch range,else I might go for Black and Decker if they have service support in Kerala.

Thread Starter #13
Hey Jalex spending 7k as of now is waste.
It would be useful to Ilango as he has business.
Just give it to a wash once in a while, When car has more dirt.
I usually give it to wash when i do a long drive to different states.
All other time i wash it myself.
Instead spend the amount on Car Shampoo, It will work wonders.
Even if I give it for a wash,they dont clean it properly. Its the same case in all 12 service stations in my locality. I always have to clean the alloys after the paid wash and its a pain with the ten spokes. They also leave places without wiping the dirt. And when I complain they say we'll do it next time,so many cars are waiting sir.[frustration]
The situation is even worser at dealerships. I once got the car with used oil all over and greasy palm prints on the windscreen. I shouted and the boy plastered the whole windscreen with an oily cloth. I had to go and buy a bottle of Colin and clean the whole screen,that too when it was perfectly clean in the first place. I dont let them wash the car at dealerships now,be it for free even.
And I already use hair shampoos when doing the washing myself.
I guess I can get the money out of the pressure washer in 34 washes.[:)]
I also have a bike and its 75 rs./wash. Earlier they had a deal called half wash where the charge was 40 rupees,now they dont do it for bikes so 75 rupees it is.

Last edited:
My Uncle washed his OHC at MRF Tyredrome in Chennai for 200. He said the wash was much better than ordinary car washes and they are using robotic wash.
Are you talking about something like this? Or regular car washes?

Top Bottom