Quick Tip To Prevent Damage To Your ORVMs

Thread Starter #1
As you all know ORVM new ones in cars,usually involve an electric folding set up as well electric adjusting set up.Also turn blinkers are included within the same.
In indian Traffic conditions a small hit in ORVM can damage first blinkers and secondly the Motor mechanism.
The only way to prevent the damage of Motor setup is folding the mirrors while it is about to hit something and after parking please fold it up.
But the blinkers are still prone to hits.
One can easily paste up about 2-4 layers of cellophane tape only above the blinker portion in ORVM.
Trust me guys.Once my mirror hit a City's Mirror setup,City's ORVM blinkers just crashed while mine escaped with this layer getting peeled off,but still i had one layer left(I had put in 2 Layers)
My friend who owns 2 luxury rides - Volvo and Mercedes, he suggested me this method.
Moderators if this is in DIY thread please move it up,sorry for the same.[:)]

Good suggestion and absolutely DIY.

One could also go for 3M scratch resistance film.I have it on my ORVMs, lower corners of bumpers and door trims. Recently while trying to overtake a Pulser i hit my left ORVM to the handle of TW, I heard the noise of the hit and later checked and found no scratching at all on it.

The only way to prevent the damage of Motor setup is folding the mirrors while it is about to hit something
I didn't quite get this. Wouldn't this distract you from driving since you would be fiddling with the knob to fold the mirror? Considering the reaction time motorcyclists give us, I doubt you would be able to save the ORVM on time.

Thread Starter #7
I mean the hit that you get when you park your car ,and a bike or car is nearby parked ,in such scenarios.

If the ORVM hits while overtakes, then nothing can be done.

bhvm

Honoured Member
I'm looking.forward to offer my cars this cellophane blessings today. please post pics of your orvm who have did it.

I am not sure how it will look. won't there be creases and bubbles due to complicated curvature of the mirror?

In kolkata experienced drivers keep left ORVM closed. They use IRVM instead. But for lane changing I depend on left ORVM along with the IRVM. Rather right ORVM is less important to me.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
In kolkata experienced drivers keep left ORVM closed. They use IRVM instead. But for lane changing I depend on left ORVM along with the IRVM. Rather right ORVM is less important to me.
Experienced drivers would do this ? I think if the car has left orvm it should be used no matter how much experience one has , you can't guess what the driver will do on your left.

Thread Starter #15
I'm looking.forward to offer my cars this cellophane blessings today. please post pics of your orvm who have did it.

I am not sure how it will look. won't there be creases and bubbles due to complicated curvature of the mirror?
Not on mirrors sir, just the indicator blinkers ,its to save ORVM embedded blinkers.

Top Bottom