Maintaining My White Pearl: Suggestions For Choosing a Proper Wax!

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends! I have recently acquired a Maruti Ciaz in Pearl Snow White color. I have once taken it for professional wash and wax but I want to clean and shine the car myself. I want your suggestions on which available car wax is really good for a white car. I do not want a wet or water like look but a deep rich subtle shine which does not outshine my original pearl white paint.

Which form of the wax is good and also easy to apply: spray, liquid or paste/hard wax with applicator?
Should I prefer a Carnauba natural wax over synthetic ones for above reasons?

Any expert opinions or experiences? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Would you please sweat a little bit and help yourself with the search feature?
There are tons of material available in this forum as well as all over the internet. Read those articles.
Easy to apply is always a spray or liquid type.
Hard wax takes a lot of energy but gives ultimate results.

Hi Friends! I have recently acquired a Maruti Ciaz in Pearl Snow White color. I have once taken it for professional wash and wax but I want to clean and shine the car myself. I want your suggestions on which available car wax is really good for a white car. I do not want a wet or water like look but a deep rich subtle shine which does not outshine my original pearl white paint.

Which form of the wax is good and also easy to apply: spray, liquid or paste/hard wax with applicator?

Hi raag73,

With my experiance i will suggest only one wax "Meguiar White Wax ".
It is the best wax i have ever tried. I choose this one after trying many waxes on my white Ertiga ZXi.

You can get an idea after check the pics of my Ertiga here.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...rtiga-zxi-buying-ownership-experience-11.html

I sourced this from USA around $9 only. But in india it almost Rs. 2000.
"Meguiar White Wax ".
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/meguiar-white-wax198gm-with-abro/1995846516

So if budget is not constraint then i suggest the "Meguiar White Wax ".
otherwise armorall butter smooth wax also do a good result.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/armor-all-ultra-shine-butter/667700

wax is for rough surface. ie swrill surface
new car does not have it.
as its a White car
use a wax for white car
there are many waxes for white car specifically
you are currently in new car owner mindset ..so just be cool
follow these
1 . wash car with pressure washer ( must)
buy bosh aquatec for 5k

tip: keep car in shade and do washing at evening 4pm
2. get amway car wash solution
in a full bucket of water use two caps of it
rinse well
3. start from top of car.
then hood and doors and trunk
4 use separate bucket to rinse dirt
use the same second bucket to clean door wells and tyre wells
5 clean the cloth and wash the wheels
5. remove the soap using pressure washer
6 . use dry turkey towel and press and take off the towel do not rub or move the towel. just touch and take like stamping
tip: fold the towel in boxes
7: let car dry
8 . vaccum interior and clean with wet cloth
10. imp: buy clay bar and clean tje surface if you are going to wax it
get carnubula wax . hard wax
take very less in applicator pad
apply to hood and doors only
beware of plastic windshield bed and rear wipers and rubber beadings..these will fade in wax.do not touch them with wax
clean wax with separate cloth. only for this application.. keep it separately after use.
clean headlamps with super soft clothing
.do not hard press it.

thats all.. happy shine :)
any doubt please quote

If you want to quickly wash & wax, & not perfectionist like amirkhan, you can use Formula1 or ArmorAll or Meguiar Wash & Wax formulations, which do wash & wax at same time.

Here is the Exhautsive guide: Cardetailing basics by Dr.Mudhan, this will give you A-Z information on car detailing. If you want your car to be just clean and shiny with less efforts, I would suggest you to buy Wash & wax by Formula1, Tyre shine by Turtle Wax and some basic things like duster, microfibre cloths, carwash mitt/ sponge and brush for wheel arch and other below areas.

Thread Starter #8
Here is the Exhautsive guide: Cardetailing basics by Dr.Mudhan, this will give you A-Z information on car detailing. If you want your car to be just clean and shiny with less efforts, I would suggest you to buy Wash & wax by Formula1, Tyre shine by Turtle Wax and some basic things like duster, microfibre cloths, carwash mitt/ sponge and brush for wheel arch and other below areas.
How about Meguiar's Gold class, Formula 1 Carnauba or some spray wax like Optimum car Wax (OCW)? I would prefer a natural carnauba wax.

PS: I have already purchased most of what you mentioned except a very good quality wax.

Go for Collinite 845 for easy of use, application and long protection. If you want to go a step further go for Collinite 915, but its good for dark colored cars as it causes some darkness and is not as friendly as 845 in application and 845 bottle will last you atleast 5 years if used correctly.

Top Bottom