Need Advice For Body Touch Up: Maruti Swift Dzire VXI

Thread Starter #1
Dear All,

My car is 2 months old now.
Yesterday I scratched my car against the iron gate of my garage while taking it out from the garage.
I did not understand that the impact was so severe.
Please suggest if this can be fixed by a touch up or paint job is needed .
also let me know if this requires immediate attention (if there are chances of body rusting) or I can wait for few more months before I take my car to the showroom at one go.

Regards,
surya

Attachments

Re: Need advice for body touch up - Swift Dzire VXI

[cry][cry][cry]

Its very easy to get a scratch on the car. Even though it may be just a light touch, the mass of the car is such that the damage is always more.

Run your finger over it and see if the scratch can be felt t be deep. If its deep, there isint much you can do- get it fixed at the showroom. If its just a scrape, patch it. There are those 'scratch remover" pens that are available. They just fill up the top cote- the top layer of the paint. Unless it is just a scraping, the scratch will still be visible. However, the marker will reduce rust. Do it in bright sunlight though otherwise the fluid doesn't cure. AFAIK, that's about all you can do yourself.

When you go to the showroom next time ask them to fix it

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Not a deep impact buddy considering you scraped through an iron gate. Touch Up will appear pronounced on the surface. Since there is no apparent dent on both doors so I would say buy a rubbing compound and rub on it. It will become very light. Next, take the normal clean yellow duster and dip it in a small cup of mustard oil/ brake oil and rub it off. Nothing shall be appearing loud. The easiest way to cure a non-severe scratch.

If you have the door-guard with you fix it back using double side tape. All this wont take more than 15 minutes and can be done at home only.

Thanks

Akash

Thread Starter #4

@Aakash1886 : What is the rubbing compound and usually in what kind of shops do we get it. Can you name some so that I can easily get it.
By yellow duster I understand a rubbing cloth used to wipe the cars . Please correct em if I am wrong

Akash1886

Honoured Member

@Aakash1886 : What is the rubbing compound and usually in what kind of shops do we get it. Can you name some so that I can easily get it.
By yellow duster I understand a rubbing cloth used to wipe the cars . Please correct em if I am wrong
Dear Surya,

Visit any car accessory shop and ask for Waxpol rubbing compound. A yellow duster is the same that we generally use for wiping cars. It is available at petrol pumps or even at accessory shops.

Pic of Waxpol Rubbing compound for reference:

rubbing-compound-orng-big.jpg

Google

Regards

Akash

Dear All,
I did not understand that the impact was so severe.
Please suggest if this can be fixed by a touch up or paint job is needed .
also let me know if this requires immediate attention (if there are chances of body rusting) or I can wait for few more months before I take my car to the showroom at one go.
Buddy, this looks like a deep one, just run your nail and see, if it stucks it's a deep one. If it's deep and paint cut then you need a repaint. Ask if somebody can do a spot-painting instead of entire panel.

Not a deep impact buddy considering you scraped through an iron gate. Touch Up will appear pronounced on the surface. Since there is no apparent dent on both doors so I would say buy a rubbing compound and rub on it. It will become very light. Next, take the normal clean yellow duster and dip it in a small cup of mustard oil/ brake oil and rub it off. Nothing shall be appearing loud. The easiest way to cure a non-severe scratch.

If you have the door-guard with you fix it back using double side tape. All this wont take more than 15 minutes and can be done at home only.

Thanks

Akash
Akash, what will mustard oil or brake oil do? [confused]
(Haven't heard anywhere dats why asking)
[:)]

Akash1886

Honoured Member

what will mustard oil or brake oil do?
In case the scratch is not deep and the paint is not damaged i.e the scratch is just on the surface so you pour a few drops of mustard oil on the plain yellow duster or any clean moist cloth and rub it on the affected area of the vehicle. The whiteness of the scratch shall be erased instantly. The same thing can be done using brake oil. This method works only for light scratches and on those scratches where the color of the other vehicle is rubbed on your vehicle. It is a DIY which is very less time consuming and not expensive at all. The brake oil technique has been used by me since the time I owned a Premier Padmini.

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Akash, what will mustard oil or brake oil do?
Dear Surya and Sumit, here is a small video showing the removal of a scratch on the Maruti Sx4's rear bumper by using brake oil!

Video 1: Showing the scratch on right rear corner of the bumper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4XrM7pkOD8&feature=youtu.be

Video 2: Scratch removed by using the brake oil. Its a easy DIY solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP1oEIbvZ7Y&feature=youtu.be

Hope you all find it useful!

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom