How To Maintain Cars From Scorching Sun?

Thread Starter #1
Hi Pals,

Its been 6 months since i bought my fiesta. Now there comes a question.
I drive 100kms a day and you all know the climate in chennai.Sun fries all to the core.

In my office, there is no proper place to park. No covers or trees to save the car from sun. Right from the morning to evening, it stands and bears the sun.
When i return in evening, i can't even enter the car as it used to be hot inside.

Now suggestions required about how i can save the car from heat accumulating inside.
I have already done 3M coat from the dealer itself.

Anything available in market to cover windshield and mirrors?? [cheers]
How effective are the screens. Has anyone done it?

Thanks in advance.
Marun

You must use good sunfilm on your windows as well as windsheilds.

When you get in to your car, open all the gates for 1 min. Then get inside and open all the windows for few minutes. And switch on the AC only after fresh air comes inside.

350Z

Core Team
The very first step should be to install good quality tints, if you don’t prefer them, then transparent sun films are too available in the market but their cost certainly goes up than regular ones. Secondly, like RSM suggested, leave open the doors and windows for a while to allow ventilation, and once you move, roll up the windows and switch on the air conditioner.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4
Thanks RSM and 350Z for your replies.

I have seen a silver coloured sheet covered the windshield in many cars. Any idea about that???

Something like this:

350Z

Core Team
Yes, that’s a sun blind. Me too had one earlier but didn’t found it much effective, so installed the tints later.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #8
Thanks for all your input guys.
I think i can see some better tints.

The one i had put now doesn't look compromising. Done that through dealer. [anger]

hay buddy. let me give few tips. The silver colored sun reflector called the foils which is used not to cut of the sun but to protect the dash board from direct sunlight and it want stop the heat. And it has a kind of insulation between the silver foils if the insulation is good then it will do the trick but if not it want have any effect. And also I don’t know whether you can find this gadget in local market but its 100% works on keeping away the heat it called as "auto cool ventilation system" (I found this while I was in Pearson head office in Denver and is asked the owner wats that and he said it works from solar power and remove the hot air by sucking it out) and I found it on this link . If u have friend who visit there I guess you can ask them to bring this.[cheers] And you know this really helps to keep the hot air out from the inside. few of my friends us this and they say it works greate[thumbsup]. and if you can use a cover to cover the ride every time if you are parking the car out side. and do a tint to the windows and use a dark one too if you can..

I believe not. Since few centimeters are coming out from the shutter. So ether he need to open the window fully or brake the window or open the window.

Top Bottom