The title would appear to be funny. But, in reality the toothpaste is a blessing in disguise for the faded headlamp lenses. I am not just joking on the videos present on youtube that show how easy it is to clean and restore the clarity of the headlamp by a toothpaste rather I have tried this process just a couple of days back on my Esteem's head lamp and got really satisfactory results and the light beam has become visibly brighter.
It simply takes 30 minutes (including waiting time of 20 minutes) to clean the pair of headlamps. The items needed for the same are:
1) Luke warm water
2) A micro-fiber/ normal yellow duster
3) Toothpaste. Colgate or Close-Up any would do.
1) Rinse the lenses with luke warm water and clean them with the cloth to remove dust.
2) Apply the toothpaste and spread it on the lamp in circular motion with the cloth
3) Leave it for 20 minutes to dry and then rinse a few drops of water on it.
4) Finally, clean the lamps and it is done.
Zero Expense, Very Less time consumed, It is a simple DIY job to be done at home.
Here is a example for all of you from You-tube:
Have any of you tried this similar process earlier? Please share your views and experiences here.