Getting the Car Cleaned in Car Wash Services

Thread Starter #1
I stay in an apartments where no one washes their car. No one even clean their car with their own hands. A person who maintain the apartment cleans all the car with same cloth. So I told him not to clean my car. I do cleaning with the help of Jopasu Duster. Regularly I take my car for washing.

Q1. How to manage the car washing in my apartment where no water line facility in the parking area? (I can't bring my ride to road for cleaning, also I'm interested but lazy to clean my car.)

I gave my car for washing in a car repairing garage, where I have to wait hours to get me ride clean. (Lot of cars come for cleaning and car gets cleaned after repair) I searched for another place found a car wash, where he does it very quick.

Only body wash - 10 Mins - Rs 150
Full Body Wash - 15 Mins - Rs 250
Full Body Wash with Inside vacuum cleaning - Max 25 Mins - Rs 380.

I tried each wash and their quality. Also I'm not able to get the quality the way I get from the dealer after service.

Later I took to another car wash where my car washed to the level of my expectations. This car wash cleaned very detailed starting from floor mat cleaning and drying. Each and every area of the car was washed very detailed manner and most importantly with care. I realized that I was cheated in previous car wash. Rs 300 with full body wash and interior vacuum cleaning.

Q2: Now my question is what are the point we should ensure while washing of car in Car Washes. How to ensure the quality of Wash?

Last edited:
Q1 Answer: You can clean your car by using 2 liters bottle with a sprayer on top of it. If your car is very dirty, you can used 2 bottles one with plain water and other with car shampoo mixed with water . You can wash the exterior, interior and engine bay with two bottles only. For carpet and floor mat, you can brush it off the dust instead of vacuuming.
Q2 Answer: At car wash center, you should see what car shampoo they are using, if they are using household soap it will damage your car paint. And if they are taking more time to do the job then they are doing the quality work because quality work takes more time than quantity work.

350Z

Core Team
Q1. How to manage the car washing in my apartment where no water line facility in the parking area? (I can't bring my ride to road for cleaning, also I'm interested but lazy to clean my car.)
You don't necessarily need running water to clean the car. Keep a bucket of water or better yet, perform a waterless wash which I follow too.

This thread explains the exact method: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...k-tip-how-wash-your-car-one-bottle-water.html. Here's another useful thread: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/maintaining-my-ride/5802-how-do-you-clean-your-car.html.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom