Simple Beige Colored Door Pad Cleaning Guide.

Thread Starter #1
This guide will tell you how to clean dirt smudges on 'beige' colored door panels.

You'll need a -

1. VIM Concentrated Gel
2. Plastic Bowl
3. Clean rag (Cotton Vest)
4. Soft Plastic 'Mesh' Scrubber

Add 15ml VIM Concentrated Gel to 150ml water in a bowl. Dip plastic mesh scrubber in solution and start rubbing in circular motions, do not let it dry, immediately wipe with cotton vest. Move to another portion on same door pad, target small areas. Same process for pillars, dashboard, grab handles, sun visors and art leather.

Note: I have tested VIM on beige colored plastic/rubber/leather only, DO NOT attempt same on black colored portion of your car interiors. They can be detailed separately with many products in the market.

Took few snaps, car is 3 years old -

Attachments

Excellent article buddy. However, I would strongly recommend you to use mild beige cleaners which are specifically meant for cars (Like Formula 1 etc). Cleansing agents like Vim may be a bit too hard for our cars. But anyways, well illustrated procedure [thumbsup].

i preffer to use the Sonax interior cleaner with a dedicated microfibre cloth and it does the job pretty well (it also cleans the fabric inserts on the door pad) i tried a scrubber thing on my estilo door pads but it resulted in minor scratches may be because i ended up applying too much of a pressure:stupid:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
A Very Good DIY indeed[clap]. 2 small queries I have since I'll try it on my SX4's door pads:

1) Can this gel be used on fabric part of door pad as well along with the plastic?

2) Can we use scothbrite scrubber too or only a foam one is good?

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom