My Parking Spot is New Home For a Family. Help!

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

From past a week, I used to see every morning my Vespa seat has foot mark. Earlier I though it must neighbor's pet dog.But once it is getting frequent and also some foot marks on car bonet. Then we got to know that a car and her 5 kittens have made my parking as their home.

It will be cruel to scare them but please suggest how to escape from her. Today I see that seat cover of my scooter as so many tiny holes. I had got the seat cover of pure leather and cats had spoiled this.

Please suggest.

BTW: I stay in apartment complex and there are 180 parking slots but they have chosen my area as their home.

Alternatively I am thinking to park the vehicle in my friend's parking slot for couple of week so that they can hunt for other home.

Re: My parking is new home for a family

Hi Friends,
Alternatively I am thinking to park the vehicle in my friend's parking slot for couple of week so that they can hunt for other home.
That will be good for your vehicles and the cats. But i dont feel that is a permanant solution. They may temporarly go to vehicles available next. In case they really like their current home, you may be in trouble.[lol]

Thread Starter #4
Problem solved as I started parking Vespa in friend's parking slot and cats did not able to find it. Since we were on 4 days road trip of Kanyakumari, Trivendram and Rameswaram. Now car is parked , hope cat will not be make their home without Vespa.

It is very funny that, our own pets may sleep on the 2 wheeler seat, but they will never scratch the seat.
But stray cats after sleeping, when they wake up stretch and scratch! they may also scratch the tyres of your car also.

But as you said it is cruel to scare them away.

i used to keep an old tarpaulin on my seat to keep stray cats away. Bu the best remedy was my own cat (now i don't have any) he used to scare away others, so that he can relax on the seat!

Though OT i would like to share a story,
some years back, i was staying at a lodge near my workplace. it had a covered parking space for 2-wheelers.
A stray dog gave birth to 3 puppies in a corner of the parking lot. Since it was very weak and some cruel fellow had beaten it and broke her leg, it was a pity sight.
We used to feed her, at first she was scared of us, we normally left the food near her hiding place and left.
Later she became adapted to us.
She used to scare away cats from our (3 of us) bikes! we used to park near her sleeping place to give her additional protection.
At times she used to bark at night, and in the morning we found that petrol were missing from other bikes.
but none stole from ours.
One day when we reached the lodge we found that the Municipality was there and killed the 3 puppies and took their mother with them.
it must have those petrol thieves, because after that we began losing petrol everyday, and we fitted the lock type petrol taps.

then after 2 weeks the dog was back, searching for her puppies, it was a sorry sight, her body was full of bruises. after that she began a careful watch at night. and we too made arrangements with others on the lodge to catch the petrol thieve. we were able to scare one away at night by jumping at him when the dog barked, but he managed to slip away.
Later that week we found the dog dead, he must've poisoned it. As for the petrol thieves we filed a complaint at Police station and they used to visit there during beat, and after a short while we all moved out.

Last edited:
Same problem persists with me! a few kittens have found the roof of my dzire to be more the comfortable than its neighbors (a pulsar 180 and a punto) or may be they like the colour of my car!:biggrin: every morning i find several footprints on the roof as well as the bonnet of my car[cry].

Top Bottom