How Do You Get Your Car Cleaned: Yourself vs Car Cleaning Guy?

Re: Is your car is clean?

If you have time to invest daily/weekly basis for cleaning your car its all good.

Else you dont have choice to leave it to cleaning guys.

Huge difference. My car cleaning guy is absolutely useless. He usually barely removes the mud stuck on lower parts of the body (eg. Door sills) and uses a cloth so dirty it leaves swirl marks all over the bonnet! [frustration] And if you point out that he never cleans it well he just says "Sir polish karvao gadi ko fir saf ho jayegi" or "Aise safai service valon ka kaam hai". [frustration]

Recently got so annoyed that I just got rid of him. Will figure out an alternative, it doesn't take too long to dust the car off in the morning and I figure I will just take it once a week to get washed properly somewhere outside.

I always clean my car by myself.Everyday after coming from office night at 9.30 i cleaned my car with jopasu duster and wash every sunday and waxing 1 or 2 times in a month to make her glossy[:D]

Here she is after completing almost 9 months and 6k KM.

Attachments

Last edited:

I wash & vacuum the car every week ends. I also take out the mats and clean it once in two days. Gives me a pleasure that my beauty is always neat & clean. Also i give the car for a complete body and under body wash to a automated wash center every two months without fail.

Last edited:

I wash my car myself from day one.whenever i feel the car need wash i do it and waxing ones or twice in a month. I hate those people who drive their cars with dirty cabin. here mostly people wash their cars from outside but interiors ,seats ,floor dashboard etc remains dirty.
My body catches fire like Ghost Rider whenever i see service or repair guy get inside the car with dirty greasy hands and clothes[gun]

Last edited:
I wash all my vehicles every Sunday. It takes me a total of 4 hours to clean 3 vehicles that includes pressure washing,interior basic cleaning and waxing the vehicles. Its my way of relaxing and giving myself a workout too.

Thread Starter #9
Personally, I am cleaning my car from day one, but last month I decided to take a try by hiring car cleaning guy. First of all, he washes all cars of the building with the same dirty water[anger]. Secondly, he washes the floor mat with the same dirty water and put back to its place without drying, when I open the door of the car it stinks very bad. The list goes on, finally I told him not to clean my car after two days.

I have open parking in my society hence from day one i clean my car myself.
Exterior cleaning (Daily) - It takes 10 min to remove dust from car and rest 10 min to clean it with dampened cloth.
Interior (Weekly) - 15 min are required to clean interior with dampened cloth and 10 min for cleaning floor matts.
Thats it !!!

I prefer to clean my waggie (Wagonr VXI 2014) MYSELF.

This gives me pleasure and satisfaction. It takes about 2 hours to clean the car from top to bottom (Tyres, behind the tires and removing dirt from underbody too)

I use shampoo for underbody/tyre/behing tire dirt. clean the mirrors with glass cleaner and wax the dash and interior plastics and water wash the rest of the surface and dry it with microfiber cloth.

I do this every alternate Saturday [clap]. Its been almost 5 months since I bought the car. (Ownership review submitted yesterday- check it out [lol])

I have appointed a cleaning guy who cleans the exterior every alternate day. He does a decent job. But then, cars do not get that dirty here in Dubai.

Once a month, I take my car to the bunk and get her pressure washed and interior vacuumed.

Top Bottom